Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goggles for "speccies"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think that's what i was called when i was at school Smile

My 10 year old Oakley A frame (i think) goggles are reaching their end; what else is out there for those of us who decided against improving our visiion by having lasers cut chunks of our eyes off, or stick bits of germ-holding plastic on the front of them ?
wink

Any pointers ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2 choices I think; Goggles with Optical Inserts made to your prescription (do a search, sevaral threads) or Goggles made for wearing over glasses.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sev,

Only just posted a for sale note in the buy/sell forum, for a pair of Oakley Proven OTG goggles in matte balck with persimmon lens.

There are a number of goggle manufacturers the make OTG - over the glasses models. They tend to have softer portions on the side to stop the arms of the glasses digging in.

My partner opted for laser eye surgery in the end! Highly recommended.

Hope you find what you are looking for. Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 11-01-10 19:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B,

Yeah - the first not great idea (for me at least) unless you are weak prescription and long sighted, as when you lift your goggles up your're blind

My existing Oakley's goe over my specs - they are just old and scratched, and i'm looking for some hints on good value/good quality modern equivalents

Thanks anyway Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sev112, I have a pair of Julbo OTG's which fit me well, better than the Bolle ones i had before, which steamed up all the time. Bought them in resort haven't seen them in the UK.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have over specs goggles, these never fog up

However my glasses sometimes clog up, when worn with the goggles
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sev112.. See if you're suitable for contacts, you might think you're not, but technology has really moved on with them. Took quite a bit of experimenting to get mine 'right', and there's always a bit of compromise, especially if you normally wear varifocals, which I do. In the end though there isn't a lot of difference between my contacts and specs. On the downside, putting them is a real pain to start with, infuriating, but to go into bars restaurants without steaming up, wearing normal sunnies or goggles, it's well worth the hassle.

No way I'd have laser treatment done at the mo.. maybe in ten years when longevity has been proven.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sev112 I am in the same boat as you.

Up to now I have made do with some old goggles which would just let me squeeze my glasses underneath but i want to get something a lot more fit for purpose;

Dual lens, anti fog and would like interchangeable lens, but the latter could go if the price is right.

Smith seem to come highly recommended and I like the look of the monashee but not that many places seem to have it.

I am also considering (cos the prices seem so good)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320469487696&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D320469487696%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
They also do a spirit 3 model for £8 more but i don't know the difference.

& a post here yesterday led to these

http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk/epages/es122229.sf/secfdM82NXvWp2/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122229/Products/211082/SubProducts/211082-0011

Not sure whether to go with the reputation smith goggles have or chance it with one of the above.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very Happy with Bolle OTG Vermillion Modulators over my transitions specs
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I also wear glasses - all of the OTG designs I found to me looked really bulky, so I tried on every goggle I could find until I found one that went over my glasses. They are Bolle but I can't remember the model, they are not specifically an OTG goggle though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sev112, another vote for Smiths OTGs. I wear them with lenses and glasses. My son wears them with glasses all the time when boarding. Very Happy .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scottkiwi, I have the scott and previously had Bolle's, as with Kendub I have few issues with the fogging of the googles but my glasses still tend to steam up at the end off the day as I get more tired and hotter. I have ordered a few things from sports-outlet this year and have been impressed with their service and prices.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a pair of these in blue http://manbi.com/images/products/salice/product-mv981xs.htm they came with an prescription insert, but are suitable for wearing over your own glasses.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wash your glasses with washing up liquid and make sure there is no grease or dirt on them and they will resist Steaming up insode your goggles. Also go to halfords and get some Rain X anti fog (for windscreens) and uuse it on your glasses. Works well
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got round this problem by splurging on one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OSBE-Proton-Twin-ski-helmet-in-Soft-Black-size-60_W0QQitemZ320469829214QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE?hash=item4a9d7d865e#ht_1541wt_940

Its a helmet with a visor on it and I love it. Failing that the Scott goggles are the best I have come across.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy