Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

20 feb - 27 feb, accomodation anywhere!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
an update to my last post, can only do the week stated, 2 lads, both 24, love skiing and apres, looking for ideas and places to stay, cheaper the better.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well i would have suggested Bulgaria - Boverets or Bansko - im ex-military and went to Bansko last yr with some of the lads for a CHEAP ski trip- not as bad as some of the reviews would have you believe and the apres was cheap and good enough for us but at the same time not sure i'd take the mrs if you know what i mean (this is an indication of standards fine for the mates not sure id take her though).

But it looks like there is a distinct lack of the white stuff meaning most of the pistes and lifts are closed at the moment not sure how much snow is forecast for the next 3-4 weeks so would be a potential risk. But something to consider for the future at any rate - if cheap and cheerful is what your after with a decent ski too (when there's snow at any rate)

I also liked Saalbach and Mayrhofen for their very lively atmosphere at least that was the impression i got when i was last there.

The last ski trip i went on was to Andora - the booze was surprisingly cheap in certain bars not so in others but plenty where a cheap pint or 5 could be found and lots of places to choose from in terms of apres, we got a really good deal think we paid around 500 for flights, accom hb at the hotel himalaia and transfers and got half price lift passes for about a hundred on top. Would consider it again especially with that kind of offer. Hotel in good location for slopes altough not perfect in everyway was perfectly good enough for us and our needs.

Just a few ideas from mainly holidays i took with military friends or the lads.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the imput, will look at andora but just depends on price at the mo.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Must be somewhere out there, try looking at smaller villages attached to larger ski resorts for starters and, as advice above, try looking at countries like Andora/Bulgaria etc. TOs might have late availability and there should be DIY stuff around as well if you search the net.

I just grabbed a 6 bedded chalet in Scotland at half-term for just over £400 which IMHO is a considerable bargain if you consider the excellent conditions up there and the fact we'll have none of the tunnel/airport hassles that some people seem to be suffering this year over in the Alps - 7/8 hours door to door drive from Bristol and that'll be it Very Happy

If the continent is more your thing I'm sure there must be similar priced stuff available.

Best of luck snowHead

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 21-01-10 15:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't guarantee it will be cheap (in fact, I could probably guarantee the opposite), but if it's any use I'm quite certain Inghams have places in St Anton that week. Bound to be at least some last minute offers going in various resorts.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
raf mark, suggest anywhere other than France - it's the Paris holidays, and any accommodation still left unbooked at this stage probably has some serious weaknesses. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi, why don't you re-consider Bansko Bulgaria, I know the resort really well, I have a place close by. It does not come much cheaper than this place to ski in Europe, and at that time of year the snow should be great. The resort has 'state of the art' lifts and bashers and about 70 cannons just in case, and there are plenty of slopes to use (about 70km)!
The down side is that the gondola from the town to the 'ski platz' does have a long wait at busy times of year ( the dates you have given are not a busy period, but please check because they are hosting a men's world cup race sometime then. ) And if the wind gets up on the tops, they will close the top of the mountain. The transfer from Sofia is about 2.5 hours, but flights are plentiful from everywhere.
If you look on e-bay and search 'Bansko' you will see loads of people selling accommodation at rock bottom prices.

I am going over again at the start of February for a week, and although I have my own accommodation, and I know how to save on costs there, I have worked out with flights car parking this end and hire the other end, between two of us the cost of everything including lift passes and 'spends' is going to be under £400 each!
Just another choice for you to consider.

Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy