Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs/Paradiski

Poster: A snowHead
Just bought an apartment in the Les Arcs area and have just booked flights for our first family trip out in early April, need a steer about buying passes; this year we will ski for 9 or 10 days in April (snow cover permitting). I have seen a 'Zen' card that you can 'charge' and use across a very wide area, but I understand as an owner I can access a discounted deal on passes - does anyone have any experience of our situation? Also what are the mechanics of getting the passes (is on-line booking feasible or is a walk-in to a lift pass office adviced?) Puzzled

Ian
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ian Kenvyn, welcome to snowHeads. Where is your apartment? There are a few of us who own apartments in Les Arcs, and a few more in Bourg and La Plagne so quite a thriving snowHeads community in this part of the world.

Property owners are entitled to discounts on season passes (for Les Arcs or for Paradiski) but only if these are bought by (approx) 12th December. It would be a good idea to get in touch with SMA, the lift company, as they maintain a database of property owners in the resort and send out info about lift passes and suchlike. I'll try to dig out an email address for you to contact them. I normally renew my season pass by mail.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian Kenvyn, welcome to snowheads. As rob says there are quite a few of us around in the area. If you go to the snow reports section and open the thread for Les Arcs or La Plagne depending on where you are based, you will find by asking questions there most people will give you a quick reply.

Hope to see you on the slopes or in a bar for a beer at some time. Lot's of us are also out at Easter if you want to meet up.

As for the Zen card, I have an owners one, seems like a good deal as you get a better discount depending on where you want to ski. The owners family discount card is the best for a short stay I think if you want to just be in th paradiski area. They can all be done online without any bother but you need to go to the owners section of the site and registar. PM me if you want more details. Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy Thanks for the fast response, we have an apartment in Landry, 5k out of Bourg on the road up to Peissy. It would be great to meet up with some people with local knowledge. We became owners at the end of October so should be able to get the family discount.

So pleased to access a (virtual) community - will take time to do my research here ahead of Easter, ah a man has to dream. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ian Kenvyn, Blimey.. I looked into buying last year.. cost of lift pass... in the big scheme of things would have been a total irrelevance. Besr of luck.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,
Welcome to Les Arcs. Go to the LesArcs.Com web site and the proprietaires section. It's a pain getting the discount set up but once you do you can recharge your pass online before you go. Plan well ahead to get this done.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ian Kenvyn, Given that you'll be in the commune of Landry and not les arcs / bsm then I'm not totally convinced you'll be able to get the discounted passes through the website as mentioned by Paul McD. Whilst near neighbours, and sharing the same lift system and slopes, there's an element of 'spurs vs. arsenal' between the commune of landry and the commune of BSM. Certainly owner's seasonal passes where the property was in Landry could only be arranged by applying for them in advance via the mayors office. I can put you in touch (via email) with a guy who owns a place up in PLan-Peisey if that will help, and I'll nudge this thread to genepi who likewise has a place in Plan-Peisey.

I assume you've done lots of skiing/research before buying but I did a pretty detailed trip report from last season which might be of interest - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul McD wrote:
Hi,
Welcome to Les Arcs. Go to the LesArcs.Com web site and the proprietaires section. It's a pain getting the discount set up but once you do you can recharge your pass online before you go. Plan well ahead to get this done.

Paul (and all who responded) thanks very much for the information - will engage with on-line system well ahead of our Easter ski trip Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ian Kenvyn, Welcome to snowHead ......and of course, Peisey Vallandry Toofy Grin

Will you be out before April at all?

We've had our apartment in Plan Peisey (just below the Vanoise Express) for about 5 years now, & the time we spend there is steadily increasing. If next season you are out for more than 3weeks, it is well worth buying a season pass - & if you do it before the beginning of Dec (this season the cut off date was 5th Dec) you'll get a significant discount. They have to have pdfs of photos of all in need of passes & a bill to prove ownership. Thereafter, each year you you can update it easily enough through this site
http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/www-rubrique-530-HIVER-FR-PEISEY_VALLANDRY.html

Let me know if you are about, or need any further info on the area - I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Of course, dont forget its a great place in the summer too Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bertie bassett,

Brilliant feedback, your report is now filed - we are going to Landry next weekend, so maybe walk into the Marie's office and see if my pigeon-french can unravel the ski-pass mystery.

Ian Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ian Kenvyn, We looked into the zen card but it seems that children are charged full adult rates so for us it wasn't great value. We used the owner's discount instead but you do need to provide proof of ownership.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ian Kenvyn, if you are around at the weekend and you want to meet up for a drink and a chat let me know.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ian Kenvyn,
Quote:

we are going to Landry next weekend, so maybe walk into the Marie's office and see if my pigeon-french can unravel the ski-pass mystery.

Take the document with you that confirms the sale of the appartment to you. I have forgotten what it's called but it confirms your name and that you own the property.
The Marie will be using a list of owners provided by the state for council tax purposes, which, like the UK, is only updated now and again.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ian Kenvyn, Welcome. Ring these guys they own the whole ownership program. Don't worry about pigeon French they have some good English speakers there

http://www.nirvanalps.com/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowcrazy wrote:
The owners family discount card is the best for a short stay............

Sadly no such thing. The owners discount is on normal price list ski passes only. It is 15% off either Les Arc only or Paradski, no one day t'other side option. No discount of the family pass so the real saving for us last week was minimal, the big saving is on the season pass.
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, my friends told me that they get points which roll over to the next season which give them a discount on there family cards. Maybe not called exactly the name I gave but it did save them money. I guess it depends how long you have been an owner. If owners want to know more go to owners web section on Les Arcs web page. Sign up and find out exactly what a new owner can get. You need to registar in a special section for the points thing but it does work really well if you have loads of visitors. Can mean you ski for free the next season. MAYBE Toofy Grin
snow conditions
allanm wrote:
Ian Kenvyn, Blimey.. I looked into buying last year.. cost of lift pass... in the big scheme of things would have been a total irrelevance. Besr of luck.
Thats just what I was thinking, he's got am appt and not going out till April Shocked have you not thought this through or have you got a money tree at the bottom of the garden in Leeds Puzzled
latest report
Kel wrote:
allanm wrote:
Thats just what I was thinking, he's got am appt and not going out till April Shocked have you not thought this through or have you got a money tree at the bottom of the garden in Leeds Puzzled

Thanks Kel - purchase well thought through, just all other skiing breaks booked ahead of said purchase - Dolomites at Christmas, Sweden at Haf-Term. Recon will be skiing in Paradiski for foreseable future Very Happy Also grabbing a weekend this week. Money tree now fruited, but could sell you some seeds Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy