Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kappl Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for boabski's resort report:

Kappl (Januray 2010)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice report, hope to visit one day, but might wait for the connection Kappl - St Anton Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tom W, Personally I would go beforehand as it will undoubtedly bring more skiers into the resort. The pistes were in the main deserted when we were there
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boabski, Good point. I remember your older posts about planning the trip to Kappl and when I saw your report I was glad it went well.

Although I haven't been there yet I find the whole Paznaun Valley very attractive, Galtur, Ischgl, then Kappl and See (which might be later connected to St Anton and Serfaus).

This sound just great as a base for long holiday. But seems more like a DIY trip as tour operators are expensive in this area.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski, delighted that you enjoyed Kappl ... and a great report. I recall your original thread when you were planning this trip. Did you check out the other hotels and have you selected one whihc you would prefer to return to ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tom W, Was very pleasantly surprised about how good the skiing was around Kappl and probably edges Lech in that respect (although I think Lech is still a better overall experience). Didn't particularly 'warm' to Ischgl despite wanting to go for several years now - admittedly we were only there for one day and left around 5.45, so did not sample Ischgl 'vollgass' - that said St Anton is rocking by 4 Toofy Grin
Would return for a family trip any day of the week and probably stay in Hotel Auhof
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great Report. How long did the journey from Kappl to Memmingen take?We are and going to Ischgl from Memmingen in 2 weeks time and also thinking of stopping off in kappl on the way to hire some skis as they seem to be half the price of Ischgls ski hire shops.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chick, Taking it reasonably slow and getting caught at the tunnel at German border in big queue (Hochbratz or something like that - pretty sure it's near Bregenz) it took 2.45 hours but I'm sure it can be done quicker. Pretty sure there's a hire shop near the gondola on the main valley road in Kappl. Also look at See for hiring as there looked like a few hire shops on the main rd there too. Are you going Saturday? From memory we had long queue going through same tunnel on way to St Anton a few years back when flying to Friedrichshafen. Think outwith Saturdays you're fine though
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info.Yes we are arriving on saturday.Will check out See.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think there is no harm in knowing the following

Resort, Piste length (km), notes
Ischgl & Samnaun, 235. 40 lifts
Kappl, 40, 9 lifts. 15km easy/20km medium/5km difficult
Galtur, 40, 10 lifts 4/24/12 km
See, 33, 8 lifts , an ideal beginner area
Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis, 185, 53 lifts

Using Kappl as the centre See is 4 miles in the direction out of the valley.
Ischgl is 6 miles into the valley where Galtur is further 12 miles from Kappl. Realistically Samnaun should be skied from Ischgl.

From Kappl going out of the valley and into the neighboring valley the resort Serfaus-Fiss_ladis is only 27 miles away. An excellent place for a day trip.

The above are just 5 out of the 337 Austrian resorts. The majority of them are not detectable by UK TO radar.

Kappl is also about 21 miles from St Anton, another day trip?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

boabski jnr at fun park

mrs boabski and boabski jnrs 1 2 and 3
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I could not restist to post this map again, as I love maps Very Happy

The lifts in the middle on the right edge is St Anton's Rendl, bottom far left - a few lifts from Sefraus.

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think we will try it in March, it's on the lift pass for Galtur, so if the snow is still good we will go there one morning. Thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy