Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck flight cancelled :(

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else stuck in manchester? 14:45 flight cancelled due to adverse weather. Supposed to be in Austria by now instead I'm in T2 bar starting to get drunk so I don't get too annoyed.

Ah well.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
afrothunder88, ouch - hope u get sorted soon
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
afrothunder88, sorry to hear that. Adverse weather in Manchester or Innsbruck?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
it says its delayed on innsbrucks airports website
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.innsbruck-airport.com/index.html/_a/346693/_static/webcam/_lang/en
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pretty clear "oop north" today. Not quite so cold.(only -2c at lunchtime Shocked Shocked Shocked ). Wind starting to pick up again though.

afrothunder88, Is another flight scheduled today? Hope your on your way soon.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers all!

It's adverse weather in Lyon which has apparetly delayed our plane. The webcam for Innsbruck doesn't look so bad!

No more scheduled flights for today. All we've heard from thomson so far is that they're sorting us a hotel & food for tonigt and we'll be flying tomorrow, well hopefully anyway. If they get us there fairly early we should hopefully get some skiing in the afternoon!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
afrothunder88, good luck! What an intro to posting on snowHeads! (Welcome!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hasn't been bad weather at all here (Innsbruck) today. Bit cloudy, but not so bad.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
afrothunder88, Just flew back from Memmingem today (having spent the week in Kappl) and was OK. Dublin flight was cancelled but that was due to Dublin airport not the adverse weather in the Alps. Hope you manage to get there
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Update: announcement at 19:00 told us we'd be staying at the palace hotel for the night with an evening meal and breakfast included. Got there and checked in to an okay room but a bit later went downstairs and my gf realised that one ofthe receptionists was a housemate from Uni, resulting in a free upgrade to an executive suite for the night! Bonus! Goes someway to migitating the fact that we've lost a full day of skiing but hopefully the insurance will help also.

Currently in the airport again, waiting to depart on The 14:45 to Innsbruck. Here's hoping.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
afrothunder88, bummer. Hope you get out ok today.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
afrothunder88 wrote:
Update: announcement at 19:00 told us we'd be staying at the palace hotel for the night with an evening meal and breakfast included. Got there and checked in to an okay room but a bit later went downstairs and my gf realised that one ofthe receptionists was a housemate from Uni, resulting in a free upgrade to an executive suite for the night! Bonus! Goes someway to migitating the fact that we've lost a full day of skiing but hopefully the insurance will help also.

Currently in the airport again, waiting to depart on The 14:45 to Innsbruck. Here's hoping.

Interesting. Were you booked with a TO rather than with an airline?

Hope you get away today.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
EJ recently cancelled our Friday flight to Inns on the Thursday night and offered an option of a refund. We took that option, then booked new flights to Geneva and went to the GM for the weekend. We later found out the flight went as planned.
When we got home we had a message from EJ saying they don't do refunds for cancelled flights due to bad weather.
We said they had already offered the refund and we had agreed to it & the flight went out as planned on Friday and they had cancelled US so the bad weather wasn't the issue. Slippery customer services dept me thinks. Toofy Grin RESULT= Full refund. Strange world eh?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SKIFOOL, It just shows you need to be on the ball. 2 or 3 years ago my daughter was told her EJ flight back to Luton from Edinburgh would not be happening due to adverse weather and she was asked if she wanted to cancel and try booking another flight. She called us for advice and I pointed out that if SHE cancelled she would be minus her money and a flight. As she didn't have any accommodation problems (she was staying with a friend), any spare funds and no urgent need to return that day, she asked them to transfer her to the next available flight. Initially though, she assumed their suggestion was the best option for her.
snow conditions
just got back from St Anton and was on the cancelled Innsbruck flight. Although frustrating I thought thomson treated us well and we had a good holiday. Much better than pandora's experience in another thread!
Off to Morzine in a couple of weeks - hoping eveything will run smoothly !
latest report
Yes. I and 8 others from our group trip to Soll were on that delayed flight and we stayed at the Palace Hotel in Manchester as well, but only in a "normal" room.
I too thought that Thomson Ski did OK in the overnight arrangements, and we should also get a few quid back from the insurance.

Having never been to Soll before, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was and the Hotel Postwirt certainly exceeded our expectations as the package only cost us something like £460 each.
We always tend to compare the food at the places we stay (half board) and The Postwirt was good.

When we compare it to our trip last year to the Valley Blanche in ADH, which was the same price, there is absolutely no comparison. The food in the Valley Blanch was awful and a number of people got ill.

The SkiWelt area was also good and kept all of our mixed ability group happy for the week and lift pass prices and mountain restaurant prices were again reasonable.

I think we shall be going back again in the future for sure.
Smile
snow report
Just to add a little addendum about ski hire. I had hired some skis and boots for my wife from Edinger, just by the Gondola, thinking that the use of the ski garage would be included in the price
as their hire rates are more expensive than Snow and Fun.

Some of the others in our group hired their equipment from Snow and Fun for less money and got a group deal at 10 euros a head for use of the garage, whereas my wife ended up paying 14 euros.

Where is the incentive in that ? Puzzled

Top Tip.

Hire your stuff in the village, it,s cheaper and just as good quality.
latest report
jan wrote:
just got back from St Anton and was on the cancelled Innsbruck flight. Although frustrating I thought thomson treated us well and we had a good holiday.

I have to agree, it was mightly frustating, but reading pandora's thread made me realise it could have been a whole load worse!

Had a pretty good holiday overall, snow was good, private lessons were good although the gf got fairly ill and missed two days skiing which was a bit rubbish.

Will be contacting the insurance later on today to find out about claiming.
snow report
we were on an EJ flight to INN on Sunday but decided to book Swiss and fly our on Saturday instead. Dont think our original flight was cancelled but the extra day and night in St Anton was worth it Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy