Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French work gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yo LiveToSki,

Love your store!

I've been looking for the gloves for years and randomly found the supplier. I bought some in to sell to my ski rep buddies! I stamped them with my bear to add a little je ne sais quoi. We don't have much in the way of a store, just Ski Week (http://www.Ski-Week.co.uk). I agree, treating the gloves does make them warmer, we use the Granger's leather balm before sending them out and some Nikwax, it makes them darker as a few of my mates said they look like marigolds otherwise! As you can see from the picture http://live.johnmogul.com/the-glove.html

Have a great season...

Jake

PS. For anyone in London, we're having some aprés-ski at Bodo's Schloss on Tuesday 18th December from 10pm! (https://www.facebook.com/events/123558024471405/?fref=ts)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimastaaah wrote:
Venitex Gloves from Snowshepherd

Got a pair

Just ordered a couple of pairs.Have you used them yet and if so did you waterproof them? Is it necessary?
Thanks.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most of the French chalet maids who get forced into giving me hand jobs seem to prefer these... http://www.cathouseclothing.com/fetishclothing/831-long-pvc-gloves.aspx
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sequoiaboard, I've sprayed on leather waterproofing, twice. I'll put some leather balm on as well. Used them last week in the slush/ice round hereabouts, and reckon with use they will become the more supple. Just to mention that I think the use of a silk liner greatly improves them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Considering the difference in price + how broke I am at the moment, I also went for a pair of Venitex.

I do not have the NikWax glove proof, but will apply some boot leather waterproofing. Probably it is the same thing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
livetoski, love the branding idea - should be simple enough to offer a (limited) choice, shouldn't it? I'll go for a few pairs with 'LOVE/HATE' on the knuckles and 'POWDER/SLUSH' on the respective wrists.

I reckon some on here might need "Left" and "Right".............

gets coat
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa, Shocked Shocked O dear

skimastaaah, yep you got to break them in a little, O god thats the same as Scarpa, 's post Embarassed

redbaron51, similar leather balm will darken the leather which some people prefer.

rogg,
Quote:

I reckon some on here might need "Left" and "Right".............

my old Leki ones had a left and right printed on the straps Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
livetoski, Tim....my new Kinco ones are well worn in now, cutting logs with them 2 weekends ago, only thing that didn't give me cold hands, performed great at -5c, unlike me who was falling over on the ice getting bruised ribs with a felling axe in hand!! Highly recommended wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarpa wrote:
Most of the French chalet maids who get forced into giving me hand jobs seem to prefer these... http://www.cathouseclothing.com/fetishclothing/831-long-pvc-gloves.aspx

Are U shure you don't mean these ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charliebigpotatoes, Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski, Gloves arrives today. Excellent service, thanks.

And they fit like.............. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

falling over on the ice getting bruised ribs with a felling axe in hand!! Highly recommended

even for a masochist this seems a tad OTT
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi peeps,

Just looking at getting some Kinco 901 gloves. I had a trawl around and noticed most people used snoseal on them to get the waterproof. It seems they now come with some sort of nikwax on them from the factory now.

Was wondering if anyone has the newer ones and if the waterproofing stands up to normal conditions. Or should I just go belt and braces and apply a genrous coating of beeswax on them now anyway?

Ta
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sequoiaboard, many thanks

braddersads, Welcome to Snowheads Very Happy

The Kinco 901 comes pre treated with Nikwax glove Proof, they stand up to quite a bit of use before you need to re apply a coating of whatever you wish. Snoseal is a pretty much American stuff I have not seen it over here, if proved wrong on this let me know and I will try and get some.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy