Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Historic Meall Odhar T-bar rides again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A little bit of skiing history is scheduled to crank up through it's gear box on Saturday Morning at Glenshee when the Meall Odhar T-bar debuts for it's 54th winter in place of the less well aged and ill-fated Caenlochan Poma.

Installed by the Dundee Ski Club in 1957, a full five years before the creation of the Glenshee Chairlift Company and the opening of the Cairnwell Chairlift, this is where Glenshee all started. While the slopes of Meall a' Bhuiridh saw the first overhead tow one year earlier, it was a short lived mis-adventure, while the Meall Odhar T-bar was the real deal and the first genuine overhead ski lift to be installed in Scotland.

This is your chance to ride a little bit of our snowsports history once more, and for the here and now, perhaps more importantly it more than doubles uplift capacity on Meall Odhar for access to Coire Fionn and Glas Maol, and for the first time this season provides access to the original Meall Odhar run, the Caenlochan Run and the magical upper reaches of Fionn Coire.

Glenshee's looking very good just now, this news just made it all even better.
snowHead

^Meall Odhar T-bar lay idle during the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Photo Feb 2009.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking forward to getting to ride it when I make it up there. Not even sure if it ran very often when I started skiing there in the 80's?!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I recall the triangular Butchart's T-bar on the other side of the main road - it was one of the main lifts when I started skiing at Glenshee in the 60's. When was it removed ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy