Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving from UK to Passo Tonale in 2 weeks - any advice welcome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Blush

Hi everyone....

I'm really excited - we've decided to shun ryanair and have drive to Passo Tonale in a couple of weeks time.

Plan so far is overnight ferry from Hull to Zebrugge - then drive to Zurich area for an overnight stop - then head for Passo Tonale.

If anyone has news on conditions in Passo that would be great - just to keep the excitement building.

Any tips on the journey or good places to stop enroute would be welcome - we'll have our 6 year old daughter to amuse on the journey!!

Thanks very much - look forward to hearing from you.

M'baby.xx Blush
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmmm..not very helpful!!

Why Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"any advice welcome" Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Passo is a lovely resort......but we flew there and had a really short transfer with our 3 yr old (I think it was about 1.5 hrs max transfter). The conditions are great in Passo right now but its a high altitude resort and gets a lot of snow. I wouldn't be that happy driving up the narrow route without snow chains etc....

which hotel are you staying at? Our little boy learnt to ski there. I would like to go back, but we have a bad habit of trying out different resorts.......so its been ticked off the list and we have moved on...........

edited, cos my lad was 3 in Italy... 5 in Lapland!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 8-01-10 22:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're sorted for snow chains etc

Stopping at the Adamello Hotel - it gets good reviews on trip advisor.

We're the same, rarely visit the same resort twice (with the exception of Livigno).

Our daughter learnt to Ski in St Johan, Austria last year - so it'll be good to see how she is this year.

Thought about flying - but would have still had to hire a car - so would rather use a car we're used to driving!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scootsman1 wrote:
"any advice welcome" Toofy Grin

ha - should have put "any positive advice welcome" wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We have fond memories of Passo... waking to find we had had two foot of snow overnight.....and were snowed in the hotel for the day..we struggled through to the bar obviously. The level of tuition there was excellent. I think Ben was just 3 when we took him and he was competantly using button lift on the lower slopes on his own within the first week...mad Italian instruction!!!!

Its a long old journey given the weather conditions Europe and UK are going through right now.... but well worth it if you have the extra couple of days leave. We bought our son a sledge while we were out there and dragged him around the main street when we werent skiing!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We did it...it was brilll!!!!

Overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam.

Drove through Holland, Belgium, France, Switzerland (stopped overnight on Swiss / German border in Bad Sackingen), carried on the next day to St Moritz for Lunch (with brief stop in Liechenstein for that all important family picture by the Country Sign) - then onto Passo Tonale. 48 hours from door to door, but that was with plenty of stops and enjoying the journey.

Fantastic week skiing in Passo Tonale and Ponte Di Legno - def one of the best resorts I've been to and I've been to quite a few!!!

Travelled back heading to Innsbruck through Austria and Germany (stopping over in Mannheim - lovely city) then heading for a 'rough' (understatement!!) crossing back to Hull.

First time I've driven to a Ski resort and whilst this was probably the furthest one to drive to, it was worth it - some of the views on the journey were breathtaking - will definitely do it again - in fact I can't imagine having to go through the stress of using an airport again - but might choose a closer resort next time.

Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy