Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nendez - where to ski first day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Nendez in three weeks time snowHead , can anyone suggest where we should go on our first day so we can get familiar with the area. We are both intermediates but I am a wuss and don't like anything too scary Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would suggest you spend the first day or so on the Nendaz ski area (ie go up the Tracouet cable car). I would not rush to get to Siviez or Verbier or any of the other areas in the 4V and I'm sure there will be more then enough intermediary skiing for you to find your skiing legs... Enjoy. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was just going to say 'Siviez' for it's lovely 'getting your legs back' blue run and surrounding easy terrain Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniegirl, then (after what .1556garyt, says) get the bus to Siviez in the morning. Towards Mont Fort for . . . Mont Fort/Verbier. Make sure you're comfortable to get down Gentiane or Chassourre (Tortin). The former is a better run in my opinion and the latter has a fearsome reputation but is not that bad, especially if fresh snow.

Otrherwise go up Combatseline. Quite a few drags but skiing on the sunny side and a lot cheaper and more relaxed than Verbier.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniegirl, The slopes above Nendaz are perfect to start with around the Tracouet area. If you ski down to Prarion go back to Tracouet via the chair, don't take the drag lift which takes you to the top of a black run, which you probably won't enjoy on your first day. It's not particularly difficult but the snow conditions can be adverse.

On other days, if you want to ski Verbier, I would advise taking the ski bus to Siviez and then the lifts up to Verbier from there. Then take the ski bus back to Nendaz from Siviez on the way back.

You can ski back from Siviez but this involves an itinery run, but you can avoid that by taking the cable car down. You still have to negotiate the aforementioned black run, however.

If you have a car, then that makes Siviez even easier, just drive to Siviez and park free near the lifts.

If you need any further info let me know.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, that gives us a good start about where to go. We haven't been back to the Alps for years as we usually go to the States or Canada, I am looking forward to some nice alpine mountain restaurants Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anniegirl, I know people rave about Verbier and I would agree that it has some great off piste etc, but I've always found the Verbier pistes overcrowded and the skiing in Verbier quite unrelaxing.

IMHO, as an intermediate skier, when/if you do decide to leave the immediate Nendaz area, go leftwards as you look at the ski map towards Veysonnaz, Thyon and Les Collons - wonderful intermediate skiing and without crowds.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It'll be possibly worth hauling yourself over to the Savoleyres sector as well IMO. Although it's a slog from the Nendaz end.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the advice given to me, I printed it off and the information was very useful, we had an excellent week, and really enjoyed the resort. After looking at the icy patches on the black going back into Nendaz, when going up the tow in the morning, I whimped out and got the bus back from Siviez. I am fairly sure I could have managed it but decided that doing it with tired legs after a days skiing would not be a good idea.

We didn't end up going to the Thyon area, my OH was having trouble with his boots for the first time in years and he decided it was due to the tows so we stuck to the Verbier side. I also have a total fear of t-bars (fine with pomas) so I was happy for the excuse not to go.

Thanks again for the advice Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy