Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Silksworth Dry Slope (Sunderland) - Any Snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody been? Anybody know if it - or any other UK dryslopes - are offering snow skiing? Or are they all closed on health and safety grounds wink (Too slippery......)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict, no idea -plenty of snow around here - just give them a ring.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The news confirms today that the visitors were over the moon to ski snow on a dry slope!

I seem to have lost interest in every facility that operates a single short drag lift.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

no idea -plenty of snow around here - just give them a ring.

.....But that's what snowHead is for !!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm booked onto lessons at Sheffield's dry ski slope tomorrow and Sunday and they've been advertising the fact that they have up to four inches of snow on the piste. Hopefully I'll get a taste of skiing on powder sooner (and for less money) than I had anticipated.

Check it out below:

http://www.sheffieldskivillage.co.uk/ski-village/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Astraeus, Sorry to disappoint, but 4 inches will pack down into the 'diamonds' of the matting (if they still use dendix, I know one small section used snowflex - which is cr*p imho) and strangely dendix often runs slower not faster when its been snowed on. Also I suspect that any misting system they have for lubrication will have to be switched off owing to the freezing conditions (this used to happen at Bracknell and High Wycombe).

If there's a bit more snow then it will pack down and cover the mat properly which is obviously what you really want.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skir67 wrote:
Astraeus, Sorry to disappoint, but 4 inches will pack down into the 'diamonds' of the matting (if they still use dendix, I know one small section used snowflex - which is cr*p imho) and strangely dendix often runs slower not faster when its been snowed on. Also I suspect that any misting system they have for lubrication will have to be switched off owing to the freezing conditions (this used to happen at Bracknell and High Wycombe).

If there's a bit more snow then it will pack down and cover the mat properly which is obviously what you really want.

It is still Dendix I believe. I'd thought the same until I drove past yesterday and saw the slopes as a sheet of white. And with a bit more snow coming down today with very little untreated snow melting, I'm hopefully optimistic! We shall see in 15 hours though!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from Ackers Ski Slope (central Birmingham), and the dendix and snow combination is working wonderfully: giving good, fast grippy skiing. Also the snow is deep enough so that even where there isn't any dendix, there is plenty of "off piste" to be had. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin The kids were all having so much fun we almost had to drag them off the slope.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Astraeus, Sounds like there is enough depth to completely cover the dendix then, which is exactly what you want. If there is an actual base as such then you will actually be snow skiing and not breaking through to the plastic at all! snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy