Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended resorts for Easter Hols Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year we went to Alp D'Huez and the snow was pretty average. We are going the w/c 11th april so please recommend some resorts that are likely to have good snow then.

Many Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Deux Alpes is always good. I'm off there for the 4th Easter running.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Plagne is usually good, we have been for the last 7 years at Easter and the earliest we have had to finish due to poor snow conditions (too slushy) is 21st April.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
11th April is they day #1son goes back to school *after* Easter!

L2A is (IMO) too far south for real end-of-season skiing: there'll be snow, but it's probably be very soft by mid-day and runs back to the resort are likely to be a real slush-fest by lift-closing time. I'd say someone a little further north with more north-facing slopes: 3 Vallees, Val Thorens, Tignes. Or head into Switzerland where Saas Fee and Zermatt should still be offering good skiing (but I doubt you'll be able to ski back into Zermatt town).

But wherever you are heading, check their planned closure date: they may have to close prior to the planned date, but they are *very* unlikely to extend it even if conditions are excellent.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobW, You're right L2A will be very slushy on home runs and lower down. However there is still plenty of skiing there above 2500m and on my last run there last Easter (about 11th I think) it was still fine up there late afternoon.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RobW, Les Deux alpes has a massive glacier, i have skied L2A in the summer!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RobW, Interesting view. We skied VT last april and LDA the following day - the latter was better.......both were good though!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done Portes du Soleil a couple of times at Easter, you can normally get a good deal, and cos its so big, there's generally decnet conditions to be found somewhere
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
charltonfan1, avoid the western Alps - try Davos or one of the Arlberg resorts, Lech, Ischgl, St Anton. Better snow, better hotels, better people, better value etc... snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers for all the advice guys/gals
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We were in Zermatt last Easter, and the runs to resort were in good condition although very soft in the afternoon, and the very lowest run on the Italian side closed during our visit. Conditions were excellent on most of the mountain and, due to the altitude, I imagine it's generally a very safe resort for Easter skiing.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saas-Fee is great for easter... Lots of north facing, highest lifter point > 3500 meters with glacier. Very easy for a DIY long-weekend. Fly to GVA Easter Thursday evening, stay at airport hotel (Holiday Inn Express) on Thursday night, Get first train from GVA airport on Friday morning... on slope by 11am. Leave S-F for GVA on Monday evening... stay at GVA airport hotel Monday night and fly back first flight Tuesday morning.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We skied Val d'Isere/Tignes last Easter. Snow was beautiful up the mountain but home runs were very slushy at the end of the day. So we just finished by taking the bubble down (or Solaise Express chair which takes you down to the middle of Val). No problem for us, even if some regard it as shameful taking a lift home.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have you looked at Ischgl, that's always open at that time of year.

Last year we skied Soldeu in Andorra from 5th to 19th April and it was great, everything open and very good condition, except slush at the bottom later in the day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy