Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving abroad - where to gas up?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hull, Zeebrugge or Calais?

Been a while since Ive driven on the other side of the Channel. Given the dismal exchange rate every cent will be useful...so any thoughts, dear Snowheads?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T-Dub, On January 3rd Diesel in Albertville was €1.05 on the motorways was up to €1.20. So a bit cheaper than here?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Belgium is more expensive. If you're passing through Luxembourg or Switzerland they are cheaper. AA report.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Luxembourg
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Likely to be around 1.18 - 1.20 on the autoroute in France. (as of last weekend)

Of the main roads, the supermarkets are anything from 1.05 or so.

Prices seemed to be a little better further south in France.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T-Dub, This thread might help http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25598
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I try to get as near to my destination with as little deisel as possible in the tank so as I can top up with "mountain" deisel.

The carburant,fr is excellent for getting the prices but there is little point in diverting for 20 mins to save a couple of cents, and you also have the issue of whether it is a manned or unmanned station.

The former is no problem, but the latter can be fun as I found out at new year at 4am running on fumes trying to find a 24hr which would accept a maestro/switch/visa debit/visa credit/mastercard, in the end i was more worried about facing the crew on board if we were stranded.

My plan next time is to cross the tunnel and head to eurocite (about €1.01 /litre 92p) and top up there, which should allow me to make it to the mountain area here i can top up again and not worry about freezing deisel.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scotkiwi, I pretty much do the same but as we tend to do the ferry to Calais stop at the petrol station, which is at the first junction, look up majestic wine and beer (handy if yor self catering and what some supplies), its near them and the fill up around Albertville.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scotkiwi, all of the 24 hour pumps we've used recently have accepted Uk debit cards.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Petrol stations. They're always good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy