Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good travel insurance with winter sports cover?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any recommendations? Last year I used that one that was in Where To Ski & Snowboard, but they're not offering it this year.

Before I go trawling moneysupermarket et al, I'd be interested to hear of any opinions on good policies.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have used Direct Travel in the past and am intending to sort out this year's insurance tonight so would also be interested in any recommendations.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am using Direct Travel this year, but if you want off-piste, then look at the tread on insurance for off-piste to see the results of people asking for clarification on what they actually cover.

They still look good to me, and we may just be asking for too precise a definition of something that cannot be precisely defined ahead of time in that thread.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been using Direct Travel's annual policy for three years, and off-piste is covered:

From this:http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/faq/can-i-ski-and-snowboard-off-piste.asp
Quote:
Our winter sports travel policies allow you complete freedom of the mountains (as long as not against local authority advice) apart from in the USA and Canada where winter sports outside the resort boundaries must be accompanied by a locally qualified guide.

rom this http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/faq/what-winter-sports-activities-do-you-cover.aspx
Quote:
The following alphabetical list details all of the ski, snowboarding and other winter activities we cover on our wintersports policies.

Winter sports - big foot skiing, cat skiing, cross country skiing, curling, glacier walking, glacier skiing, heli-skiing, husky dog sledding (organised and non-competitive with an experienced local driver), ice diving (with a qualified instructor at all times), ice hockey, ice skating, mono skiing, Nordic skiing, off-piste skiing and snow boarding, parapenting (with a qualified instructor at all times), skiing, ski biking, ski-boarding, ski-doos*, ski racing (non FIS), ski touring, ski yawing* (non-competitive), sledging, snow biking, snow blading, snow boarding, snow carting, snow decking, snow kiting, snow mobiling*,snow scooting, snow skating, snow surfing, snow tubing, snowcat skiing, telemarking, tobogganing and zorbing;

but excluding:

a) ski acrobatics, ski flying, skiing against local authority warning or advice, ski-stunting, ski jumping, ski mountaineering, or the use of bob sleighs, luges, bungees or skeletons;

b) in the United States of America and Canada, winter sports outside the defined boundaries of a resort unless accompanied by a locally qualified guide.

* Please note that there is no personal liability cover whilst participating in these activities.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm another fan of direct travel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BMC for me
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hyweljenkins, You might want to read the thread I suggested.

yes, we all know they say it is covered, but the question was about what "skiing against local authority warning or advice" means, and there is some debate about how useful the answer was.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BMC or Snowcard for me, both underwritten by Fortis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just looked at the Direct Travel link above, notice that ski acrobatics, ski jumping... are specifically excluded. Where does leave you 'in da park'?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
allanm, ring them and ask. Someone will answer the phone.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
allanm, I thick the ski jumping refers to the big planks four hills type jumping.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
riverman wrote:
allanm, I think the ski jumping refers to the big planks four hills type jumping.
I think you're probably right....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
allanm, I am insured with Direct Travel so will cut out the acrobatics in the park!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy