Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz and Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

I am off to Avoriaz on Sunday and am so excited. I have skied in the PDS before and am happy with my knowledge of Avoriaz and to a lesser extent Chatel and the area around Pre la Joux.

I am however unfamiliar with Morzine and Super Morzine which is where I am hoping you guys might be able to help me out.

I have a mate who is away with her family on their first every trip at the same time and I would love to be able to meet them for a bit of après and possibly a couple of small runs at the end of the day.

She is staying at Hotel Viking on the Pleney. Does anyone know of this hotel?

What’s my best route down from Avoriaz? Is it possible to ski down? Or would I have to take the gondola (can’t remember the name of it). If I take the gondola where do I go from there and what time does it run to, to enable me to get back up to Avoriaz?

Thanks very much.

Sunshine81
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can get a bus into Morzine from the bottom of the Prodains lift - or ski down to the bottom of it. Then you need to take the bubble up to the top of Pleney, the Viking hotel is right there. Alternatively ski down to the top of the Super Morzine bubble and then take that down and walk across the town again to the Pleney lift.

Very sorry, but I don't know what time these lifts stop running though. I am sure someone else will be along who can tell you that.

Alternatively you could arrange to meet them at the top of the Super Morzine bubble - they could get there, you could have your few runs, have a beer or two and then you could take the lift back into Avoriaz and they could go down and up again to Pleney.

Hope you enjoy it all once you arrive on Sunday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can't ski from Avoriaz down to Morzine town. The Super Morzine bubble takes you down from the Avoriaz side and then you need the Pleney cable car up to where the hotel is. It's a five minute walk between the two lifts. Don't know what times either lifts stop but it's not particularly late.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just wondering about the Viking hotel, how do guests arrive/leave? The only way I can see to get there is by the Pleney lift but I've never seen anyone with luggage in it Puzzled
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are actually two Pleny lifts. The main one which is for skiers, and an older gondola. This is used to transport the luggage up to the Viking (which is the pits!). As far as apres is concerned BE CAREFUL! The old lift does not run every evening, so inmates, I mean residents, are stuck in the Viking and forced to pay their rates. However, if you pick your night you will be fine until the last lift, which is after midnight I think.

To ski from Avoriaz, I would go to Super Morzine, then walk across town or take the land train. It isn't far!

Karen
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Pamski, Jeraff and Karen. I have a rough idea where I am going and sure isn't that part of the fun Very Happy

Actually just found out that I am on a course at work tomorrow with a guy who is just back from Morzine as well. I managed to dig out a piste map from last April so fingers crossed I wont end up in Switzerland enroute (only joking). My mate who I am going to meet with is also on the course so the chances of us actually doing anything other than talk about skiing are slim to none Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jeraff, yes - I did mean that they would have to download in the Super Morzine bubble and not ski down.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy