Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Hawx 100 info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

New to this forum, but it has already provided me with a lot of info since I've been looking to buy my own boots.

I've struggled to find a boot that fits properly until I tried the new hawx 100 which fitted like a glove and held my narrow heel well. They're a bit pricey so i thought I'd wait and use my xmas cash to buy some.

I've now found a pair of the 2008 model online (black with red graphics) for sale at £200 in my size and want to know what the differences are with the 2009/10 one i tried on (the black / smoke colour)

Does anyone know what the differences are? Is the shell the same? The liner looks a bit different but i don't know if it's a significant update?

Anyone have any info on this? I've googled for hours without much luck!

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Atomic Hawx are known to be the best boots for Bristolians with narrow heels. I have the Hawx 80 and they fit so well I am thinking of buying a backup pair (or just the liners if I can get hold of them) in case I never find another pair that fit as well. Mine are the 2009/10 model which I understand is not quite the same as last years so I think you might be safer to spend the extra £29 (I've seen last year's Hawx going for £140ish somewhere so £200 sounds expensive).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
main difference is the liner and that some of the first generation did not have the ajustable cuff which flares back
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks CEM, is the liner that much differnt? If the fit's the same I'd be happy. And would i miss the cuff adjustment?

It's the 100 model i'm looking at, basically I'm 6'3" and 13.5 stone and an intermediate skier. Red runs are what i do most of, do blacks and a bit of off piste on occasion but am no expert. Do you think the 80 would be too soft for me? It's difficult to tell in a warm shop, and I'd want to keep them for a few years so i'd want to keep them as i improve further (if i improve...)

truffaut, I seem to be a popular size so find it difficult to find bargains, I was looking at the 100 too so it would be an extra £80 for the new model. How have you found the 80's? How experienced a skier are you? Be interested as they seem pretty similar for £50 less.

Thanks for the quick replies both of you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
monkeeman, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
monkeeman, I have the new 80's and skied in them at christmas. I have narrow heels and bony ankles, but was really pleased with the snugness of the boot, (the heel never popped out once and I hardly had to fasten the top two straps). I do mainly reds and some blacks and off piste when the powder comes in....Overall they are a great boot for me!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
monkeeman, I went to Rivington Alpine to get boots fitted after recommendations here, including CEM, and it's only just up the road from me. I've got pretty narrow feet ( actually they're quite ugly !) and Graham the owner and boot fitter works on the principle that he will find a boot to fit you, not the other way round. After his initial choice of 3 boots, we discarded 2 to leave the Atomic Hawx 100 (2009/2010).

I'm very pleased with them and I've tried them at Hemel Hempsted and Yad Moss. They are a great fit for me, holding my feet far better than my late 80's Nordicas.

Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last October I bought the Hawx 110 with custom footbeds etc, I've always had to replace my rental boots on the 2nd or 3rd day. I am only an intermediate skier, but the boot fitted so well, I realise you will never know until you spend a day skiing but around the house there fit like a glove Smile
I will be trying them out next week and am really looking forward to it !!! just have to find set of skis now, the choice seems very limited in Oberstdorf (thats for a different thread)
I live in Ireland and was in London for the weekend, the weak pound meant it was a good time to buy, £320/boots £70/footbeds
I read a while ago on snowheads "get the best kit possible" so I took the plunge.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
monkeeman, I weigh 10.4 stone and ski mostly reds with the odd black if the snow is perfect, so maybe the 100 would be better for you. Custom footbeds have made an already very good fit an amazing one, so I strongly urge you somehow to find the £340 for the boots you have tried plus footbeds.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
go for the 100 flex if the fit is right it will be no problem, the 80 will be a bit soft especially due to your height (long levers)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy