Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Fitter Reccomendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all i am newbie here and would like some advice, i am searching for a very good boot fitter that can provide a custom fit service preferably using intuition liners, may look at new boots but may also want to fit to my existing Salomon Xwave boots.

If anybody can reccomend someone in the Yorkshire area great but for the best i am prepared to travel almost anywhere.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
leedsunited, welcome to snowheads.
If you are prepared to travel. Without hesitation I reccomend Colin at www.solutions4feet.com (aka CEM on snowheads).
Lots of people here have been to him all are happy. He is the only bootfitter there so you can by default only get the best guy in the shop Little Angel
If your old shells are ok he will do new liners if they are not he will reccomend you a new boot. He does intuition, Zipfit and foam liners.
He won't tell you lies (whether you want to hear them or not). Also he wont sell you stuff you dont need.
He really is into his work and will explain to you why he is doing this option and not another or why your boot is right or wrong.
My reccomendation is based on being a happy customer and I found him through other snowheads reccomendations.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great result on sunday - Leeds fan in London here.
I'm not familiar with what is in Yorkshire I'm afraid, but I cannot recommend strongly enough Colin who posts here as CEM.
His shop is www.solutions4feet.com but is in Bicester (Oxfordshire).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guy's

Many tthanks for the recommendation and doing some homework i had come to the same conclusion on CEM, my head office is in Swindon so not to far from Bicester so it looks like i will give him a call, not going till end March so plenty of time.

gdc, still celebrating up here as well.

Thanks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just echo the comments above. I have new boots bought from Colin in Bicester and they have been really excellent - well worth the visit and if you are visiting Swindon its not too far. You do have to make an appointment and he does get booked up so worth doing soon - also allow plenty of time as it takes a while and just interesting to hear the chat from the other people there and Colin's opinions on the boots.
I bought complete set of boots, zipfits and footbeds but my husband took his boots and he only needed to have new footbeds.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And another vote for Colin. I got the boots I'd budgeted for and the zipfits I didn't! But he allowed me to keep my existing footbeds. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, same for me - it was a bit of a shock, but now think the zipfits are the best thing since sliced bread and when I pull up those laces every day feet and legs feel enclosed and safe but there are no pressure points or pinching bits.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pamski, I've only worn my boots at Hemel so far (about half a dozen times) but can feel a huge difference in comfort and control. The only slight problem is that it takes me ages to force each foot into the boot - not easy, though they're wonderfully comfortable once on. Did you have this problem and does it ease in time?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are in Scotland 'Banks of Perth' have been fitting my boots for decades.

They have great time served boot fitters. Their staff has not changed for some time. I have very difficult feet to fit and I have had excellent service here, it is nice when the boot fitter knows exactly what you need as they remember from the last fitting!
I am now on a new set of Atomics with a few tweaks! which are feeling great. Happy days.

Do not expect to get better service when you are in a resort! generally the staff are only part time, there for the season. You can have a disaster.
Best to buy in the UK at a good reputation shop. Try the boots at home and walk around for a while. If they do not feel right then you had better do something about it. You are the only one that can explain how your feet feel!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, Yup - it took me ages to get them on at first. I had not done anything sensible like try them out at home - so first day we were skiing here I was down in our ski room for ages getting my feet into them - I really thought I would never get into them - but I did and once on they were fine, bit of a struggle to get them off again of course. This went on for quite a few days but now they are fine and no problem at all. In fact I remarked on that this morning when I was putting them on. Always easier when warmed up - we have boot warmers here so have them on for a while every morning - although I seem to recall Colin saying that I should not put them on the warmers...

I am sure you will find the same thing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pamski, excellent news, thank you! And I did buy some boot warmers - on Colin's own recommendation. Confused Or do you mean the sort of boot warming spikes/boot-rests one finds in boot rooms? I believe they're contra-indicated for some reason I can't recall.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
leedsunited, I've used Julian at Ellis Brigham at Cas snowdome before and he's good (he was at Centre Sport in Leeds before they went bump)

But last time I nipped down to see CEM, and I think he's got the edge.

M.O.T snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy