Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

making the most of this UK snow!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all, I've just signed up!
Looks ike this is a busting little community, hope everyones well and enjoying the weather...?

I looking for somewhere to board tomorrow in the Leeds area, I've heard there's somewhere with a slope set up near Huddersfield and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?
If not has anyone got any advice or locations that may be suitable for buiding a jump and making the most of the best snow in 20 yrs!?

Cheers in advance.
Skullie
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cloudbowski, Can't help with your request, but welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Theres this place near Halifax, is that where you were thinking of?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59294
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cloudbowski, welcome to snowHead
It's called another world see here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59294
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cloudbowski, I don't know about Huddersfield but there is "Another World" just to the west of Bradford at Ogden. See the trip report of our New Year weekend visits there.

I'm in a similar position - a day off and nowhere to go/no playmates so if you come up with a good idea that's likely to be road accessible without winter tyres/chains or even 4wd.....

Yet again my work's cancelled tomorrow due to clients being snowed in - that's good in a way cos it's a day off, but as I don't get paid for work I don't do... rolling eyes So, what to do? I have spent today catching up on all sorts of stuff - but tomorrow? Hubby's suggested I join him for lunch in Grimsby - yeah, great - that accounts for half an hour!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 6-01-10 19:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yep, this must be it!
defo going to check this out tomorrow, anyone been?
cheers for the speedy reply.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes they have, see the report linked to above.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cloudbowski, I don'tt know what the access will be like - you need to ring Andy Smith and find out (number on website). If you do contact him perhaps you could post on that resort review/trip report thread which has become the main info thread on here for the place.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
they have ready built jumps!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
butterfly - yeh, coud be difficult, may have to re-think as I drive a mini. Wil try gte hold of Andy and will post my findings.
cheers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have heard rumours of a farmer in Marsden who's set up a rope tow running off his tractor. £2 per day was the figure I heard - will post more info if I can get any.

cloudbowski, getting to and from Another World should be fine, it's just off the main A road between Halifax and Keighley so the road should be fine. The only small problem might be the 300 yards down the access track to the farm itself
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nbt, At least the access road is flat - def worth giving Andy a buzz though. Nowhere fit to ski round me - all the rolling hills on the edge of the Wolds here are ploughed/planted farmland - anyway I'm not keen to ski on snow where I don't know what's hiding just under the surface.

Shocked

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 6-01-10 21:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cloudbowski, if you look at the other thread I've put some easy directions that stick to major roads coming out of Bradford.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PS. as daehwons, says they've got loads of jumps and rollers etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy