Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Salzburg to Saalbach. Anyone want to share?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a couple travelling to Saalbach on the 13th of March, landing in Salzburg at 10:20am. Departure on the 20th of March, the plane takes of at 17:10. Flying with easyjet.

If anyone would like to share a transfer to Saalbach with us to reduce the cost, please let me know and I will get some quotes.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nemeziss, have you considered the train, very easy and probably the cheapest option if you do not get any takers for a transfer share Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wee wee easy. train or bus. check out www.oebb.at - the austrian train/bus website (if you google austria trains it will take you to 'scotty,' the english translation of the same site). The journey is around 2 hours I think, going through Zell, Saalfelden and Maishofen. Hint - at the Maishofen bus stop, get off the bus walk 20metres down the hill to the bus stop on the other road to get the correct change.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have considered all the options. The problem is, our plain is due to land at 10:20 in the morning. The cheapest shuttle leaves at 10:15 or at 12:45 so as the the public bus.

I will check the train again. How do you get to the train station from the Salzburg airport? Does it take long?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 6-01-10 20:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nope, jump on the tram (very cheap) to the train station, approx 20mins
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where do we need to get of, in Zell? Than a bus to Saalbach?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just checked the train times. There is one at 11:10 which I don't think we could make it as we have to get through customs, get the bags and than get to the station. The next one is at 13:10. The journey would take 2h 40 min.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nemeziss, I got a taxi from Zell train station up the valley to Saalbach for about Euros 40
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Look at the website I said, put in Salzburg flughafen and saalbach schattberg. It will give you different options/combinations of train and busses, with details of where you have to change, and the times.

By the way, the bus leaves from right outside the airport (either for the whole journey or to the train station). I wasn't aware there was a tram service at the airport?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy