Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowdome switches to part-time operation due to excessive snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of Britain's most recent and advanced snowdomes - Chill Factore in Manchester - has switched to part-time operation due to the current snow crisis.

http://www.chillfactore.com/main/rightgeneric/Events?newsId=78

These are the comments of an anonymous Manchester reporter - from Manchester Confidential - yesterday:

Quote:
We tried to phone Chill Factore, the indoor ski-slope close to the Trafford Centre, there was no answer - we later found out the snow centre was closed due to snow.

I've made no attempt to confirm that from Chill Factore.

Source: Best snow in Manchester for two generations
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
P.S. A news search came up with a report from 13 December that Chill Factore had re-financed, due to a covenant breach (reported by Crain's Manchester Business), but that site is subscription-only.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct ... and the outcome?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I understand They came very very close to finantial meltdown in the summer and lots of their suppliers took a big hit on their credit peiods (Ie there was no cheque in the post Toofy Grin ). this was due to a very slow Easter and Summer caused in part by the downturn and in part by the good weather. By Q3 things had picked up and the booking numbers are now running above previous seasons numbers.

They have had a really big push on customer service and seem to have lots of initiatives in the pipeline to improve the snow dome experience, like for example (i undersatnd) doing away with the hourly ticket and instead going for a 'number of runs' pricing with potential to earn extra slides if you purchase goods or services on site. Also the ability for members to top up online and if you have your own gear the first person you see will be the lifty. I dont know if they will actually introduce this but the idea is to get away from the high-low usage cycles that hourly passes generate and also encourage people to spend more time on site if they dont have to 'fight' to get as many slide in their time slot as posible.

IMO CF suffers a little by not being supported as much by all the heavy drinking and 'non snow' stuff that Xscape pays the rent with (TBH Xcape seems to care little for real skiing) Hopefully the additional excitements of the indoor skydiving next door and future developments will keep visitor numbers increasing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Perhaps they should just put a ladder up the side and we could ski down the roof.

Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is this because their staff can't get in or some technical reason?

kevindonkleywood wrote:
doing away with the hourly ticket and instead going for a 'number of runs' pricing with potential to earn extra slides if you purchase goods or services on site

Eek, if they implement that I will never go again. I go occasionally in the summer (if I can't ski almost straight on to the lift snowdomes are a waste of time) and at maybe 10secs a run god knows how many runs I do in 1.5hrs, it's the only way to get some kind of value for money and make it worth going.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
it is surprising just how few run an hour you actually get if there are any queues Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Give 'em a break rolling eyes They were closed because the motorway right outside there complete with big hill that is Barton Bridge was probably at a standstill with traffic sliding all over it yesterday for most of the day! Same reason as schools closed, people can't get there because of the road and traffic chaos the weather causes.

Had an email from them. They are closing at 6pm today and opening 9-7pm thurs, usual hours 9 - 11pm friday. They are offering to re-schedule any pre-booked sessions affected by the weather closures.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Give 'em a break

sarah, I did not mean to come across like i was doing them down in any way It is a great facility and the staff and instructors are excellent, I was just responding to the comments about their finances being shakey earlier in ther year. I dont think I passed comment on their opening hours this week Very Happy It was probably a very good move and at least lets people who had booked time and lessons get their slides in at another time

The moral is we need to use them more in the spring and summer Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevindonkleywood, sorry not directed at you at all, was brassed off with the tone of the OP rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sarah, Very Happy no problem, I often post and then think oops! maybe that reads differerntly to the way i was thinking,
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As sarah, said not surprising they were shut, half of manchester was shut that day! The Trafford Centre just next door shut at 4pm on Tuesday as well as the roads were totally treacherous. I have found CFe very helpful in the bad weather - I couldn't get to race training one sunday before xmas due to that batch of snow and they made no fuss about changing to another day.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe they could shovel some of the snow into the building. Then they wouldn't have to make any
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
altis wrote:
Perhaps they should just put a ladder up the side and we could ski down the roof.

Wink

Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy