Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eliminator Tongue

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know where to buy these from cheaper than Ellis Brigham ? They charge £24.01 + £3.50 delivery.

Unless someone has a good promotional voucher code for EB.

TIA

Andy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pokemon, as far as i know they are the only people that have them in the Uk, i seem to remember they were £20 about 6 years ago
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, thanks, after googling I was beginning to think that was the case. Lot of money for something so flimsy but I suppose it does what it's intended for.

I have narrow shins and my buckles are nearly maxed out, so looked a good option.

Any other ideas appreciated otherwise I'll have to buy a pair and pay the money Mad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the only other things are to either move the clips (but sometimes you run out of liner and the edges which go outside the tongue touch and stop you going any further) fit a spoiler in the back of the shell/liner this may be an advantage as it wil put you in a better place in terms of fore aft balance, or build up round the liner and the tongue with foam padding much like the eliminator
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, cheers. When you say spoiler, what do you mean exactly ? Is this just foam padding or something else to take up volume at the rear of the calf ?

btw, do you have experience of people using the Eliminator Tongue and do you think it's good ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are looking for foam padding to stick in to fill out the boot cuff I wonder if something like this would have it in for £8

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Ski-Boot-Fitting-Kit-Custom-fit-your-boots-RP-25_W0QQitemZ390139341809QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_Skiing_Accessories?hash=item5ad61debf1

I spotted the product whilst browsing only last night!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, Thanks. I'm not sure these would solve the problem other than I would have some neoprene foam etc to use around my shin. CEM, kindly supplied me some foam a couple of years ago that helped fill my ankle cavity and some of these look similar.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pokemon, a spoiler is a plastic shim fitted in the back of the shell behind the top of the liner, pushed the leg forward a little at the top and takes up a bit of volume....they are nornmally used in race boots for performance and to centre the leg in the top of the boot for skinny calves

eleiminators are good when nused for the correct purpose, but they are a little pricey for a generic , not custom designed filler
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had some from Filarinski's fro £20 last year - I took them back as I wasn't really convinced that they did anything for me. A long way from Derbyshire but they may be able to get them to you for less than EB.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, Zwee, thanks, maybe I will experiment with foam first, although my requirement does seem to meet the stated purpose of the Eliminator.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM, What's the best foam to buy for doing this ? and is it possible to buy these plastic shims from the manufacturer for my boots or are they a generic make ?. I have Salomon Performa 8 boots but they were bought in 2005.

When I tried my boots on, the excess volume is affecting my upper cuff buckle to a greater degree than my lower cuff buckle. It's not loose as such but I usually have to put it on the maximum notch after skiing for a bit.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM, sorry to bump, just interested in your advice.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
we use a medium density foam but we buy big sheets form a medical supplier, leather also works well as it does not compress like foam does, most boot manufactures supply spoilers to fit their boots in the box if applicable to the boot, if not we have a selection from various brands which will fit most boots
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM, hhhmm, maybe I already have a spoiler. There is a plastic piece that is bolted to the back of the boot with an allan key bolt. If I loosen it I can move the plastic piece up or down, so that it either protrudes more above the back of the boot or less. Does this sound like the spoiler ?

If so, then I think I need to use foam/leather in addition to this.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pokemon wrote:
CEM, hhhmm, maybe I already have a spoiler. There is a plastic piece that is bolted to the back of the boot with an allan key bolt. If I loosen it I can move the plastic piece up or down, so that it either protrudes more above the back of the boot or less. Does this sound like the spoiler ?

Yes.

http://www.zotefoams.com/pages/EN/azote.asp
latest report
You can always replace the existing spoiler (normally quite low profile) with a bigger profile spoiler that will help take up space and keep you in a better forward lean position than putting padding down the front.
Something like a Race Spolier that come in different sizes would work better.
Or a foam spoiler (Made from foam or leather as per CEM) glued to the back of your liner to work with what you already have would work.
snow report
Jimmythefoot,yes I was thinking that my spoiler may be interchangeable for a fatter/bigger one. Is it easy to find what boot parts are available for my Salomon boots ?

I like the idea of the foam/leather as this is something I could probably do quite easily myself, without having to necessarily buy parts. I'm sure I have something around the house I can either use or cannibalise. Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy