Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bristol

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
20cm at top, 15cm at bottom.

Winds gusting to 20mph.

Risk of hearing damage from shrieks of excited citizens = high.

Avalanche risk revised to 3 on Park St, Nine Tree Hill, Clifton Vale and other steep slopes due to unstable layer caused by commuter foot traffic.

Act sensibly - do not attempt Ashton Court without transceiver, shovel and probe and the ability to use them. And of course, don't even think of going out without a helmet ...

Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this is the 2nd ski trip this year where theres more snow fall back in Bris then there has been in resort.

but then again we have chair lifts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
poma, having witnesssed the carnage at the cabot tower I had to retreat to hot chocolate at the boston tea party ( without my preferred shot of rum though!!) Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
poma, Redland was 15cm of champagne pow at 7:45am, hardpack by 5:30pm. I hear south Wales is the place for vert Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sharkymark, There must be some good skiing to be had around Bath with all those steep hills?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're going to Austria Saturday, but ive got to get from Cardiff to Bristol airport, how are the roads looking over there in Bristol? Bristol airport is a bit remote isnt it?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just above Bedminster is NOT remote, I'll have you know - convenient.

The roads should be fine, either going through Bristol to the M32 or dropping onto the motorway near Clevedon you should be able to get across to Barry International (now THAT'S in the sticks) without much trouble. The Roads around Barry are likely to be the worst, in fact.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lol, havent you heard Barry is the metropolis. In the past 30 years we've only ever flown from Cardiff once, its just as quick for me to get to Bristol and always works out a lot cheaper!

Thanks for the tip, me and the missus were looking for a B&B near the airport in case the roads were so bad we'd have to leave 24 hours early.

What is the quickest, least likely to be snowed up route from Cardiff? Do I come off on the severn bridge or come off on the next junction?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd guess that going across the city centre from the M32, down to Ashton Gate and up Bridgwater Road is the most likely to be clear, as it's fairly urban for much of it and busy roads, but there's some of the Weston/Clevedon contingent in today, so things can't be too bad if you come in the other way.

If it is really bad, DON'T stay at the Holiday Inn B&B near the airport, as that's at the bottom of a mile long and fairly steep hill!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bexman, don't know what time you're flying, but if you wanted to avoid the centre, then the route given on the airport website should also be fine ie off M5 at jcn18, toward bristol on A4 then follow airport signs up the A38.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for your help guys
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bexman wrote:
Lol, havent you heard Barry is the metropolis. In the past 30 years we've only ever flown from Cardiff once, its just as quick for me to get to Bristol and always works out a lot cheaper!

I also usually (but not always) find BRS cheaper to fly from than CWL, but you really don't need to go to Swansea as part of your route to CWL airport Smile

Even for us in Merthyr, CWL is usually quicker (under an hour as opposed to about 1.5 hours), and from Barry, I would expect it to be about an hour quicker on average.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy