Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Extra Women's WC DH - Haus - Good chance for Chemmy?

Poster: A snowHead
The race which was lost due to weather at Val d'Isere in December is rescheduled for Friday in Haus making for a 3 race long weekend with the regular DH on Saturday and SG on Sunday.
Training starts today with live timing from the FIS site: www.fisski.com.
C'mon Chemmy!!! Let's hope she can pop a couple of good one's to get her New Year ogoing on the right track.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Based on this what I just heard here in Zagreb from Austrian friend, there won't be many chances... for anyone. Weather forecast is suppose to be promising 80cm new snow on Friday, and 60cm on Saturday, so chances for DH races are very low, if this will really happen. So I guess I will be staring in sky and waiting in Haus. If they will cancel races, I at least hope they will cancel them fast, so I can get some skiing instead of spending day on course waiting for cancelation after 6 hours.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
C'mon Primoz look on the bright side.... you'll be hanging out in the restaurat at the top of the hill with all those lovely Wcup (female) athletes..... that won't be so bad? How many snowheads are up fo a last minute swap with Primoz this weekend??/? LOL JC
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Err... there's one small error in this Smile Photographers should be on spot at least 1h before start of race. I will be heading up on mountain before most of lovely WC athletes will Smile If I get lucky, I find perfect spot and don't move, if it's not so perfect, I ski down the course to see whole one, and then head up again to best spot I saw on previous run.
This means, I will be on course for 11:30 start around 9-9:30. This is way to early for any cancellation. So unless they cancel it right away, those lovely ladies might be sitting in restaurant on top of hill, but I will be freezing on course, waiting for every new postponed start (last year in Garmish when men's DH was canceled, I was standing there for 6 hours all together). So sometimes things are less perfect, then they look Smile But yeah, it's still fun Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Today's training Shocked .. Cool

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/610.html?sector=AL&raceid=59248
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good girl!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
primoz, According to Snow-forecast, you'll only get 2-3 cms of new snow tommorrow/Saturday, not that cold and maybe 20kmh wind at the top.

Chemmy 2nd in training today, 17th yesterday. Likes the track.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, a solid top 10 would be a good result for her, but maybe a podium is calling?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Podiumcould be on the cards a bit overcast mebbe the weather will help her a little again, here we go, fingers crossed.... JC
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Crying or Very sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup not much snow for today, but there was fog on top of course, and I was waiting and waiting on hill. But at least there was race on the end Smile Fog on top was so bad, I hardly managed to find course, so skiing down wasn't really much of fun.... at least on top part of it Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why did Chemmy start yesterday's race with bib No. 43 given her training times?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, training times don't matter.Bibs are allocated by WC points then FIS points. The top 30 are drawn and then it's in WC/FIS point order. Details in 9.4 here if you're really bored (as I am awaiting enough snow here in Richmond to ski on): http://www.fis-ski.com/data/document/wcall-edition-2009.pdf
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sideshow_Bob, ah, I see. I thought she was in the top 30 for downhill, but obviously she's isn;t at the moment (at least not for DH).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
She seemed to do OK in the Super G today. She was in a 3-way tie for 15th the last I saw.
latest report
Chemmy 6th in trainning today (ahead of Vonn and all the Austrians)

1. Julia Mancuso USA 1:40,17
2. Fränzi Aufdenblatten SUI +0,24
3. Nadia Styger SUI 0,44
4. Maria Riesch GER 0,45
5. Ingrid Jacquemod FRA 0,47
6. Chemmy Alcott GBR 0,55
7. Fabienne Suter SUI 0,68
8. Lindsey Vonn USA 0,82
9. Marie Marchand-Arvier FRA 0,94
10. Britt Janyk CAN 0,96

http://sport.orf.at/100120-22159/?href=http%3A%2F%2Fsport.orf.at%2F100120-22159%2F22160bigstory_txt.html
latest report
DB, that's a great run. When she was 2nd in Haus, she benefitted from a window in the bad weather - today she's in with the big guns Cool
ski holidays
DB, Training run times/positions are not an indication of probable race times/positions. Many skiers try different skis, lines or just stand up for the last few gates during training.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy