Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1080 Vs Scratch

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone!!
firstly, i just bought my first pair of boots!!! i got a pair of salomon performa because they were the only pair that fits my calf (i have huge calfs. no seriously, they're huge). the guy at the shop also recommanded me a few ski's that suits my skiing ability and the goals that im aiming to achieve.
it was narrowed down to the Rossi Scratch (not FS, just scratch).

i want to be able to do tricks but also a ski that can take me everywhere on the mountains. just want a really fun ski.

anyway, i found a pretty good deal on a pair salomon 1080 mogul, which ones are better?

im 175ish (5' 11"ish), 85kgs (185lbs ish), low intermediate with a gifted talent and will to learn very fast.

thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not used the Scratches myself, but I've not heard such great things about them. This is complete hearsay though, so take it with a pinch of salt. Similarly I've not tried 1080s myself, but I have heard good things about them, the only criticism being that they are slightly too flexible.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 1080 moguls are softer and straighter than the regular 1080. I would nor recomend the mogul to a low intermediate at your weight. I am not familar with a Rosi model called simply Scratch as far as i know there are either FS or BC. In any case, i beleive you are looking in the wring direction. You should be looking at some good carving skis that will help you improve you technique on piste, before you start jumoing and going off-piste. I'd be looking at Fischer RX 6, Head IC 160, Rossi Cobra etc. Get those to carve properly, and then move on to fatter skis and new terrain
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a pair of Scratchs - so i thought i could add a little to this! I thnk they are ebsolutely excellent skis. ALthough im determined to learn tricks on mine, i didnt really use them for that on the one week i have used them for. I found them excellent on-piste, really easy to carve and off-piste they were great too, the only difficulties i found were in relaly deep powder, bit i suspect that may be more due to the fact that I have poor technique - having had no lessons since one week in 1999..!

But - since i officially have no technique - i would take what i would say with a pinch of salt... But i was delighted with them!

sugardaddy, They are normally refered to as the Scratch ECO (or sometimes Echo) - and they do exist! Last season's models were white, the last season FS were grey and the BC red )i think).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeah im planning to keep these ski's for a long time, so instead of changing ski's alot, i'll buy one that i can grow into. and from what i've read and told, twin tips can carve as well.
thanks for all the help!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy