Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salopette Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

Just after some of your thoughts on Salopettes.

Looking to replace the set of cheap 'Trespass' ones I bought at TKMaxx last year. They are really bugging me as the popper comes undone everytime you bend over, the zips are really 'lose' ie they can come undone on their own, and they are not a very nice cut.

I've been looking at the Schoffel Rich Dynamic Pants, does anyone have any feedback on these? Doesn't seem to be much info on the web particually on whether they are a breathable construction or not.

Cheers Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well the Aldi soft shells in at the moment are good, and worth several times the price Aldi are charging. Ignore the fact it says ladies if you are a chap as they seem a unisex design and fit typical bloke shaped me fine! Certainly looking last year when they had mens and ladies at the same time the only real difference I spotted was the way the size labels described the size!
Other than than TKMaxx up here have a good selection of Surfantic stuff at the mo that looks way better than the Trespass/Dare2B stuff they have in at more or less the same price, eldest daughter is well pleased with her Surfantics.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get something goretex... you won't look back. You can still get them cheap though. My rip curl goretex ones were ony £40 in tkmaxx a few years back. Still going strong.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're looking for heavy duty jobbies check out Paramo Aspira.

See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1391442
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the feedback so far. Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry I don't have any personal experience of the Schoffel pants but it is difficult to find an insulated salopette that is genuinely waterproof and not made of shiny material which will slide forever wink I see they claim the venturi fabric is waterproof and breathable so they could be a good buy (and much cheaper than many Gore-Tex offerings). I have a pair of Degre 7 insulated salopettes in Gore-Tex XCR which have been excellent but now have patches on top of patches rolling eyes I can't find a replacement so thinking of trying Arcteryx Gore-Tex shell with Powerstretch 3/4 leggings underneath.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got some Schoffel's which are great..although I'm not sure I could go any further with an analysis other than they seem to keep the water out and feel warm enough. I'm sure plenty of other makes would be exactly the same at half the price though!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my two penneth; if you're skiing (which I asume you are if you're asking about salopettes), then I strongly advise you get some with reinforced inside ankle/boot area. If not, they skis will inevitably cut them to ribbons and you will collect snow in the lining of your trews, thereby ensuring you drip melting snow all over the bar/chalet/bedroom and they'll take an age to dry out
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr John, the inside ankle area is where my patches are - reinforced as they are they're still no match for ski edges rolling eyes

Many years ago I had a pair of Phoenix (remember them?) Gore-Tex salopettes which suffered a few cuts in the ankle zone and Phoenix repaired them free of charge Cool With customer service as good as that they inevitably went bust I guess.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy