Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

k2 apache explorer any good anyone ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
my 2006 k2 apache recons are just about done and am thinking of trying the explorer as they are a bit wider underfoot and i now spend a bit more time off piste, does anyone own a pair , if so what do you think, and what set up have you got
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just switched my 06 recons for some xplorer's. Only used them in the dome and for a couple of days at Yad Moss, but so far, I really like them. They dont feel any less responsive on piste and they do seem to float a little better than the Recons. I have 170cm (I am 5'8"), I dont do any really big mountain stuff so this size seems to suit me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've said it before, and i'll probably say it again... I think the only reason K2 keep the recon going is because people know the name and will buy it purely because of that. I've had the xplorer since the day they were released in 2008 and rate them as one of the best all round all mountain skis i've used. They do everything the recon can do on piste and give extra off piste. It's not just the width underfoot, but the slightly softer flex and the multi-radius sidecut which make them more forgiving and means you can get some really tight turns out of them as well as lovely medium radius carves. The only thing i've heard against K2 skis as a whole is the damp feeling, but i find that they are smooth and will bash through most crud that's thrown at them. You can just go for it and the ski takes care of the rest.

Sure, they're not going to be as quick as a proper race ski on piste or as capable as a true off piste ski off it, but as a genuine all rounder, i recon they are one of the skis to beat.

I've given mine some stick on various scottish hills and bashed a few rocks and they are proving to be very well made and tough.

I'd possibly buy them again, but would also try similar from other manufacturers as well though to see what the state of the competition is like.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy