Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

“Skiing is perceived as a niche and luxury holiday" [man from PricewaterhouseCoopers]

Poster: A snowHead
How do you perceive skiing?

I often reflect on the month I spent on a concrete floor of a six-bed apartment in Val d'Isere, along with 22 other skiers. Best month of my life! Then there was the week spent in a 'bed' in the same resort - chalet Grand Nord - that was worse than sleeping on the floor.

I once spent a week in a concrete corridor in Courchevel trying to run a ski test. That was bloody awful.

PricewaterhouseCoopers leisure director David Trunkfield takes the view that "Skiing is perceived as a niche and luxury holiday"

Source: 20% Fewer consumers will take a winter break in 2010 [Travel Weekly]

This man clearly needs an initiation ceremony. Has he stayed in one of those apartments in Les Arcs with pre-fabricated vacuum-moulded bathrooms with vacuum-moulded toilets and kitchen equipment barely functioning to boil an egg?

What sacrifices have you made from your normal domestic luxury to enjoy a slide?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fair point (I'm trying to interpret that line in a Geordie accent). If the mods think the link etc. is too boring for this fascinating forum (the article reveals a switch in spending on travel, away from skiing to short breaks) ... then - by all means - delete the thread. A 20% slump in ski travel - if it's true - is pretty dramatic.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'm trying to interpret that line in a Geordie accent

Toofy Grin gannin along the Scotswood Road

Just a thought:

Using a very well known search engine: Under NEWS:

"Results 1 – 10 of about 9,521 for skiing. (0.20 seconds)"

at 45+ posts a day you can be finished in less than 210days Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ernest is biggy rite. i is man 4 luxuries an punani on slowps wiv ostriern babe
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For most people that is probably true, the majority are not going to give up a summer holiday for a winter one. Not sure I'd use 'niche' though...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just 2% of the UK population skis or boards annually.

An average ski vacation is roughly twice as expensive as an average beach vacation.

Skiing is niche and luxury.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just because 2% of a population do something doesn't make it luxurious. What proportion of the population sleeps on a bed of nails?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ernest i is not slepin wiv babes on nayils man u is da geeza. punani need love not nayils
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
savaloy joy, dat punani need naylin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I do give up a summer holiday and pretty much any other form of holiday to go skiing once per year. No luxury involved.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
savaloy joy, Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DaddyLouLou, Laughing Laughing

savaloy joy, you are without doubt, the poster of the year so far. Keep it up old chap, and regards to the Kent Massive. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So it's clearly only me that doesn't understand much of savaloy joy's posts! Very Happy

Please, don't explain. Ignorance is bliss.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ernst Goldsmith wrote:
Just because 2% of a population do something doesn't make it luxurious. What proportion of the population sleeps on a bed of nails?

2% is niche.

2 x more expensive is luxury.
ski holidays
Whitegold, It's a quick way to multiple piercings Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy