Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Second hand skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

just registered and looking for peoples opinions.

The last time i was out on the slopes was about 14 years ago on good ol' straight skis (185's). Having decided to go back again at the end of the month, i decided that i would rather not hire as i know that it is not going to be long before i go back again andwould rather not have that recurring expense. I ended up buying a pair of used skis for £35, and was hoping that someone may know more about them than me, the skis are dynastar agyl cruise 170's with rossignol ftx110 bindings. Bearing in mind that these are the first shaped skis i will have used, what i am really asking is 'are/were they any good'. They seem to be in good condition although they could use a wax/edge.

My skill level when last out was probably intermediate/slightly advanced (didnt have any problems with mogul fields or black runs at nevis range/glencoe), but i dont think it will take me that long to get back into the groove (10 years of ice skating leaves you with good edge control even after being away from the skating for a while). Obviously, if i get back into it in a big way i will look at getting a new pair, but for now, i was hoping that they wouldnt be too bad.

thanks in advance for any replies.

Sam
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello.

razer_mtb wrote:
Hi folks,
I ended up buying a pair of used skis for £35, and was hoping that someone may know more about them than me,

Why? You'll find out all you need to know soon enough?

Quote:

the skis are dynastar agyl cruise 170's with rossignol ftx110 bindings.

Nothing special, either the skis or bindings. Cruisy intermediate ski from ~2003, the bindings are a bit older.

Quote:

Bearing in mind that these are the first shaped skis i will have used, what i am really asking is 'are/were they any good'.

Well, you have them now, so enjoy as much as you can. There have been several design shifts since those came out, lots more improvement for you to look forward to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cool, at least i now know they aren't complete pieces of junk Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
razer_mtb, welcome to snowheads snowHead I've just bought a pair of second hand skis from ebay - like yours around 2003 design, edges and bases in good nick. Have waxed and sharpened them and looking forward to taking them out in couple of weeks - resisting the temptation to take them on the local tobaggan field. Do your boots fit them ok? Meanwhile, my grizzled mountain guru mate tells me that many of the design features since 2003 are unlikely to compensate for design faults in my wetware.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kewhoward, thanks for the welcome Very Happy , my boots actually fit them perfectly so it looks like i'm good to go. I'm meant to be heading out with a work colleague who has never skied before in her life. So i'm tempted to go myself next week to try to get some practice in so i dont look like a complete fool lol
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can anybody tell me about the Dynamic vr02 ski ? Hope I didn't get ripped off. They look in good shape and came with a marker 900 binding. Thanks for any replies,
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pablojeep, the ski, a soft example of 2002-era allmountain designs, is better than the binding. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pablojeep, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead I guess it depends on how much you paid? IMO all that really matters is if you are comfortable skiing on them - lots of the latest design improvements seem to be aiding either off piste powder or faster carving (or claim to design a ski that is great at both?!?). 90% of recreational skiing is on piste at modest pace. If you've got a ski with a bit of shape, good bases and edges then fair enough. At least that's my logic when justifying the £50 on ebay! (Oh, and make sure the bindings are adjusted properly for size and DIN or you are asking for trouble!). Good luck.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you for your help. The skis are in good shape, not beat up at all. comprex,
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kewhoward, Thank you. I have rented so may times, all that money could have went to but my own skis. There in good shape, Thank you for the advice on the bindings. paul
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy