Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who is in Les Arcs Sat 16th Jan? Fancy a ski/apres?

Poster: A snowHead
As some of you may know I'm doing a day trip to Les Arcs to ski on Saturday 16th Jan. I'll be on the 1st funicular up, renting skis and having breakfast; after that I'm good to go (from around 8.45am). I'm planning to meet Mouth (will PM mobile number and we can liaise) - anyone else there that day and fancy a meet up?

Alternatively for a bit of apres? That plan is for a beer at Les 3 Arcs till maybe 6.00ish then down to Bourg for supper before joining the Euro* at around 9:00 PM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, What a shame, that's a week too early for us, we are there from the following Thursday night for whole of the next week. Have a great day.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
only me then? Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could re-book a week later!! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, Laughing (and I should have said only me and mouth which will be great if she can still do it, but the more the merrier, I was thinking...)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Still on the other hand you will be in an ideal position to give a nice up to date report on snow conditions for us visiting the next week Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, you should have posted this on the Les Arcs thread in the snow reports section, that is where most of the locals post. If you want to meet up PM me your mobile number as a few of us should be around that day. have a good trip out. Will be nice to meet you. Maybe even have a ski.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowcrazy, Yay Very Happy I'll do that. Hope to see you then.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, Are you planning on having breakfast before going up the hill when you arrive and eating out before you leave on the train in the evening or eating on the train. There are some good places to in bourg. Let me know if you want any help with arranging this as well.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy, I'm planning on getting breakfast at 1600 before/or after hiring skis. I will be eating out in Bourg, probably at Tartiflette or similar.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, What time does your train arrive. To be sure to be on the first lift, the following details might help you.

Best breakfast is in bourg at Chez Roger just up from railway station if they are open or at bazooms across the road from 7am ish. Funi starts from 7.30 ish I think. Ski set in Arc 1600 opens at 8.30am normally. First cachette lift starts at 9.15am. Skiing finishes at 5pm now. Best evening meal (value for money) in bourg is Petit St Bernard at 16.70 Euro for four courses. Always fills me up and I eat a lot. Eat there then walk 200m and get on the train to go home.

Hope that helps. PM me if you want any more details.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are, but staying over in Peisey, so a bit out in the sticks for apres. Do say hello if you see anyone looking like either of us in this mugshot though...

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/tim.cunion/ThePoint#5425211184739105666 (having an inept moment with forum codes)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cunners, this is me looking v cold at Les Arcs.

https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/P1120098.JPG
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, thanks. the train gets in at 06:27. I'll bear your breakfast recommendations in mind - better to eat in Bourg to kill time before funi starts if poss. I've found the Petit St Bernard on the map, I know where it is - thanks for the tip.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hi holidayloverxx, I hope the trip goes well for you

I'll probably be heading over the Les Arcs that day as we are in Champagny for the weeknd on our annual "Dad's Ski Trip"! Typically this involves skiing as much as possible on the Saturday (hence heading over on the Vanoise to see that side of Paradiski as well) then a slower pace on Sunday after a few too many beers on Sat eve Embarassed

I'll keep an eye out for you on the slopes.........
snow report
Roger C, enjoy Very Happy
ski holidays
Just to update holidayloverxx, is at St Pancras with pillow and wine. Sensible girl. Meeting her at Arc 1600 first thing.

Roger C, look out for the gilet!
snow conditions
And here she is... made it...little later than hoped...

snow conditions
holidayloverxx, sorry we missed you this morning, hope you and mouth had a good day.
ski holidays
Great day out Very Happy, big thanks to Mouth for being an excellent guide. more later.
ski holidays
And the RatHat has gone! Poisoned ?? Wink
snow conditions
Jerry, Laughing - the rat hat is alive and well but a bit to bulky for a little case on a day trip; and it wasn't that cold tbh.
latest report
Think we'll set some traps on the next trip Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy