Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski boot fitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guys

Ive done quite a bit of reading on here and understand that there are many (many!) differing views on buying ski boots. Prior to christmas, i made a rather impromptu decision at the ski and board show to buy myself some boots.

I did a session at chillfactore last week to see how they fared and, not totally unexpected, they were pretty uncomfortable. (the right more so than the left, but i am aware that i have a more pronounced bone on my right foot which rubs on the shell more)

Anyway, hindsight tells me i should have gone about buying the boots slightly differently, but, i didnt, so my question is more to do with what people reccomend in terms of getting the boots tweaked to make them less painful.

Ive heard good things about CEM on here, but are places like snow and rock / ellis brigham any good too? It would be ideal to have somewhere not a million miles away from home to go (I live by chester) and i had thought about somewhere like S&R at chillfactore, coupled with a sesison on the snow to see how they fare.

Im not heading skiing until march this year so i have some time, but if anyone could reccomend the best course of action / place to go / approx costs (i know this will vary depending on what needs tweaking) that would be great

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where did you buy them? Snow and Rock or other large store? Several have comfort guarantees - might be worth taking them back and starting again with boot fitting. Having seen the scrums of people fighting to get to boots and get them fitted at most of the stands at the show I'd be surprised if more than 20% got the right size, let alone boots that fit right.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
agree with Monium, their priority is to shift stock. I'd be amazed if you can't go back for tweaks, then try them again, go back for more tweaks, repeat until happy. Failing that, boot stores in resort should offer some sort of tweaking service, you should be able to negotiate a cost with them.

FYI, my opinion is always to buy boots in resort because it makes the above process much quicker/easier/immediate.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the name of the shop escapes me at the moment, but i do have the details at home so that is an option, yes.

as i mentioned, the decision to buy was a bit of a rushed one, and considering id done lots of reading up on the whole boot buying thing, it was a bit of a rushed decision! buying in resort would be ideal, but sadly this is not an option now.

just want to try and do as much as i can to get the boots working for me. they arent a million miles away and certainly no worse than the horrible rental ones i had last season that really did ruin my holiday!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy