Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annual Insurance Policy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have an annual policy that I booked last March through SKGB. It was good for 10 days skiing which I used up last season.

Can I use this insurance for my forth comming trip and just get local insurance with my lift pass. My thoughts are that if I get the local insurance with the lift ticket that will get me off the mountain and then if I need any treatment then the annual policy would cover that?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

I guess I could just top up the annual policy with a few extra days skiing?

I am going to Avoriaz and dont have one of those European medical cards. Actually I have no idea why I dont...

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunshine81, Trouble is, no one really knows what covers what, possibly as claims are so rare.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunshine81, No, if you have an accident skiing and you've used up your 10 days winter sports cover with the SKGB policy, then you won't be covered for any skiing injuries. The local insurance will get you off the mountain, but why would the SKGB policy cover you for an uninsured risk ?

Getting a EHIC card is a simple process, so I don't know why you don't have one. You can apply online or at a local post office.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sunshine81, I've never heard of an annual multi-trip policy only having 10 days wintersports. 17 is the norm. Worth checking.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, this is probably a really silly question as I've only used single trip insurances before. How does the insurance company know that you have used up the 10 days last year? Did you notify them of your holiday or did you make a claim? Puzzled

BTW the website for applying for the health card is here:
https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetRes/home.do

It's free!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

Thaks for the advice. I have just checked with the insurer and we are covered for 14 days skiing so that is this trip sorted. Woo hoo.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy