Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bandit B3 compared to phantom SC80

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
well somehow one of my my bandits got snapped, I think the guy on the shuttle to the Mt. jammed it in too hard ...anyways ..I had 07 bandits B3's and Im considering the rossignol phantom SC80.....would I be downgrading ??...any suggestions ??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kook, Welcome to Snowheads!!!

After getting seriously fed up trying ski after ski, I went for the SC80's half way through last season, and not really looked back. They'll do what you ask, and not let you down, but they are not an easy ski to get the most out of. Like driving a fast car though, you'll bottle out way before it does, but you know that from the B3's.
Only thing I don't quite understand is the difference between Phantom and Bandit SC80's, mine are quite clearly Bandits,
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not sure i understanding your analogy what does the "bottle out " term mean ? and what do you mean by " get the most out of "

ty
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
allanm, interesting you found that. I did a day in Cham on a pair of Bandit SC80s while my Legend Pros were having a minor binding repair done in the shop and I found them quite limiting compared with my Dynastars, generally quite soft torsionally, squirrelly and not much hold on any hardpack. I didn't feel totally confident really opening them up. I haven't skied B3s so I can't make a comparison with those.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kook wrote:
I'm not sure i understanding your analogy what does the "bottle out " term mean ? and what do you mean by " get the most out of "ty
What I meant was that they don't necessarily inspire confidence.... Other ski's I've tried (not many admittedly) have been much 'nicer' to ski, especially on well groomed piste, but off-piste and bumps I much prefer the SC80's.
They are a jack of all trades, and there definitely is a trade off carving on piste and I'd certainly agree that on hardpack / icy conditions you really need to keep your weight over them (forward) or you can easily be caught out.
They're certainly not the fastest ski in the world, but will carry me at any speed absolutely fine, with no chatter and perfectly controllable. Other skis I've tried I wouldn't be confident at a fraction of the speed I can ski the SC80's.

Sideshow_Bob, In what way did you find them 'limiting'.. or have I answered my own question above?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
allanm, they starting flapping at reasonable speed and broke away in the steeps. They were easier to slide around than other skis I've spent time on and felt like you could easily ski them quite lazily but they weren't that rewarding when you take the reins and drive them hard. I skied them in a day of very mixed conditions (in hardpack, crud, soft windblown and slush) at Le Tour and on the Grand Envers. To be fair I am a fan of stiffer skis (I come from a racing background) and comparing them to the original Legend Pros (renowned for their charging abilities/stiffness) is probably a bit harsh. Outside of a snowdome I haven't tested many all-mountain/midfat so I don't really have a lot to compare them to. However based on what I've heard from others about the B3 I don't think they'd be a downgrade.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
looks like Im gonna get them, for $350 I dont think i can go wrong...thanks guys and if anyone cares to share anything please share
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kook, nice price! Hope you enjoy them Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you want to sell the bindings from your B3s. If so what type are they. I am assuming RI is Ireland.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy