Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu Advice - Where to eat, instructor reccomendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, we're off a week from today, and looking for recommendations on good value places to eat at lunchtimes on the mountain.

Staying in Soldeu, expect to be skiing as much of the Grandvalira as possible, happy to travel a reasonable distance on the mountain to get to especially good places.

Also may be looking to do a couple of lessons out there, recommendations appreciated on schools or specific instructors who can give us some good pointers on how to improve, small group preferred.

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A great place to eat on the slopes is Solanelles, which although isn't cheap, compared to other restaurants on the mountain is very good value. The food is fantastic, and the terrace has superb views. You even get given slippers to put on whilst you take a break from your ski boots! It's technically classed as Encamp, however it's at the top of several lifts and accessible from Soldeu/Encamp/El Tarter/Grau Roig.

As for school, there's only the one - Grandvalira. They've got loads of British instructors so getting one who speaks English won't be a problem, and if you want to get in touch in advance their phone number is +376 753 191.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Grandvalira ski school is well know for having excellent instructors, many who have English as their first language. When it was Soldeu Ski School it won many awards, and many of the same staff are still there.

As for eateries, a pleasant place for lunch is Llac du Pessons. It is very picturesque, but gets busy.

We often ski from Soldeu over into Pas for lunch, the restaurants there are reasonably priced and the food usually good.

But the rest of the time we head back into Soldeu and eat either on the Sol y Neu terrace or in the Hotel Bruxelles. The country bread sandwiches in the Bruxelles are special sandwiches!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We had a few evening meals in the Bruxelles and they were great value.

Had a few lessons with the ski school there and the instructor spoke perfect English and was good fun.

On the mountain I tended to eat at the 2 places at the top of the main Soldeu gondola as I had friends in ski school so we would meet there for lunch and then head our own way. These were the usual self serve places but I prefered the one to the left as you get off the gondola.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy