Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel -Ski Companions and Can anyone reccomend a coach / guide ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am off to Meribel on 9th Jan.

I am an intermediate , just like most people ! This seems to have a variety of meanings so I'll clarify , reds,blacks (except really mad ones like the swiss wall etc) a bit of tame off piste powder, love it ,get down it but not exactly stylish !

I would like to improve my skiing but in a more 'let's go skiing and I'll give you some good tips' kind of way as the thought of being shouted at / 'bullied' (even for my own good !) simply does not appeal.

I know what some of my faults are, and it's no help them just being pointed out - need someone who can suss out how to help me stop doing them !

I had a revelation about skiing powder (went from terrified to whooping and give me more !!!) last year just from one or two suggestions from a friend of a friend who could say such things without somehow being annoying in that patronising way so many people come over when trying to be helpful !!!

It's probably just me being bad at taking criticism , but hopefully some of you will know what I mean ! I want to enjoy myself and improve ,not slog at it and wish I was doing my usual 'bad habit' skiing but enjoying it !!!

Can anyone reccomend a guide / coach / instructor / school with this approach ? I would probably prefer the group approach as also a chance to meet others of similar abilty to ski with outside of coaching/guiding sessions as I am going on my own, though hoping to meet up with others when there- so speak up if you will be there !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try Derek Chandler.... www.skimarmalade.com his approach would suit you well... he is a very fun and nutty guy and a very very good ski coach. fantastic in bumps and off piste and an instructor trainer as well...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret wrote:
he is a very fun and nutty guy

A bit like you then? Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Iski, nope he is much nuttier than me. use to be the head mouse in meribel and liked nothing better than getting away from the kids by jumping off cliffs and stuff

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, I see what you mean!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yikes - would make me think twice if he said 'follow me' .....

thanks skimottaret I've had a look at his website and may look him up in resort but looks like I would already need to be part of a group ...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jennycook, get in contact with Claude, snowHeads snowarea. He's an excellent instructor and lots of snowHeads will vouch for him. He's one of our instructors at the EoSB and used to work for New Gen before he went on his own. I'd be very surprised if you don't get on brilliantly with him!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jennycook, drop derek an email his school is new this year and i am sure he would be flexible...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Check out New Generation. One of their clinics could be what you are looking for.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks snowrider, that looks the sort of thing......

skimottaret, I will also email Derek as would be good to help a new business get going....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jennycook, second recommendation for Claude/snowarea. Top bloke.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy