Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyJet cancelled return flight - any resorts with lifts still running w/c 18th April?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be in Arabba the previous week and looking for somewhere within say 4 hours drive/train time for a second week of skiing. Trouble is most areas season end is 11th April (incl Arabba). Looking at the season dates on the SuperskiDolomiti site I see that Kronplatz is still open so that's an option, but wondering whether there are any alternatives further afield ? Had booked return flight on 11th from Venice to Bristol, but good ol sleasyJet have cancelled this route and exploring other options - including some extra ski-ing.. Toofy Grin ! Resorts within ready striking distance of alternative Bristol flights from Treviso (RyanAir) or Innsbruck (easyJet) would be best.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There'll be a few places open but how easy to get to them will be the question - both Tignes and Val Thorens will still be open at that time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parkski, Ischgl is open to early May and is close to Innsbruck. Its about an hour and fifteen minutes by car or you can get a train to Landeck and a bus or taxi from there.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
St Anton and Lech will also both be open at that time. A lot of Ischgl's slopes are North facing and quite high so that might make it a good choice, but it will of course be weather dependent. If you don't have a car it will be easier to get the train to and from Innsbruck to St Anton, but busses to Lech or Ischgl are easy enough to get. Hintertux is another option, much higher and a glacier. Where ever you go should be nice spring skiing, sunbathing and no crowds, finishing a bit early to avoid the slush, but with plenty of time to party in the sunshine. And if you are lucky a bit of cheeky late season powder! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ischgl's always appealed and would be great to try somewhere new (been to St Anton, VT & Tignes before). Any recommendations for convenient hotel or apartment accomodations that wont cost fortune for the 5 of us? Would prefer HB in hotel, but only if can get decent child reductions with kids in their own room! Otherwise would be looking for a clean & convenient 2 bedroom apartment.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
parkski, I've just got back from my first trip to Ischgl, having stayed at the Hotel Alpenrose. This was a smallish hotel with a friendly staff, and for Ischgl seemed good value. On the Half Board option the weekly dinner menu has a choice between two different main courses each day, and they ask you on your first day to select your preference for each day.

PS Getting to/from Ischgl from Innsbruck via public transport is very easy - from Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof take the train to Landeck-Zams station, from where the postbus service then goes onto Ischgl itself. From memory the combined ticket price from Innsbruck to Ischgl was just over 14 Euros.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy