Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A few of us are off to Arabba on 30th January. Only ever skied Cervinia in Italy any info appreciated.

Not bothered about nightlife as long as there is one decent place where we can sit and get Charlatanfaced
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went there about 15 years ago (to ski - we stayed in Campitello) with a large group of ski retailers etc, organised by Europa Sport (who used to distribute Nordica, Kastle, Marker - or Dynastar and Look in earlier times). I'd say that the Arabba slopes were the ones we spent most time one, because they are north-facing (from memory) and have a good pacy vertical. I recall the gondola being very efficient too, so we got plenty of runs.

Arabba is quite a small resort, unless things have changed, but the Dolomites have numerous other great resort villages not far away.

Good snow permitting, you'll have superb skiing in that region. Not the steepest terrain, but absolutely beautiful mountainscapes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ernst Goldsmith, IMO the slopes are the steepest and most challenging in the entire Sella Ronda, that said the Sella Ronda is not particularly difficult region!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smokin Joe, Cafe Peter in the centre of the village is ok. At the end of the day Rif Plan Boe above the village can be very Austrian .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there are some really cheap deals available on t'net first week of Feb, £350 catered with flights wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to Arabba last Jan. Lovely place, nice skiing, but not exactly a hot bed of apres ski activity. There are a couple of places at the bottom of the Arabba slopes, but more sort of huts selling drinks. Then in the centre of town there are a few bars - but these often only had about 5-6 people in them.

As riverman says, Cafe Peter is probably the one i picked out most often for my bombardino or gluhwein.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arabba is close to the Hidden Valley so enjoy it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saikee, Still a coach or taxi ride though, unless you take the complex route to the bottom end of Cinqe Torri and ski to Laguzoi
snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We skied to hidden valley from Canazei last year and found it fairly well signed. We were there by 1030. We skied to Amenterola where there were shuttle buses up to the cable car. if you want more detail let me know and I will dig my piste map out. It will be staright forward from Arabba.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Bish,

I think mfamily2 suggestion is the main route. It involves skiing from Arabba in the dirtection to Corava but aim at Amenterola. From the information given by the SHs here there should be a horse drawn transportation station near Amenterola taking skiers/boarders to the bottom of Lagazuoi cable car that take us to the top at 2778m. From there a red and blue run should take us back to the horse drawn transportation point. The piste map of Amenterola does indicate a chairlift taking the skiers back to the Sella Ronda circuit.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can help here having done wonedrful hidden valley run (by skis from Arabba) several times. As Saikee says you head to Armentarola (just along from San Cassiano) from where there are regular minibus taxis going up to Pazzo Falzarego (6 euro pp) then take the cable car from Falzarego up to Lagazuoi. There are two runs from the top, one is hidden valley (head left) the other (head right) takes you back down to start of cable car and is a nice 'bonus' run if you're not pushed for time. Towards bottom of the hidden valley run is the fantastic Scotoni refuge which makes for great lunch stop (for meateaters Laughing ) - there's a huge indoor barbeque and great house mixed grill or if money no object ribs of beef on offer. Scotoni, like the hidden valley run is definitely worth going out of your way for. Once the run flattens out there is some kind of small resto/hotel from which you can pick up a taxi, however we never have, always opting to carry on a bit alongside the stream and take the horse drawn tow (2 euro pp) back to Armentarola. From there easy to head back to Arabba either via Pralongia or Corvara. BTW if you want more interesting apres than on offer in Arabba, head back via Corvara and try the tea-dancing in Hotel Posta Zirm. There's a SAD bus from Corvara back to Arabba that should allow you plenty drinks first - or take taxi.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
saikee, Unless it has been changed, at Armenterola you take the drag up and ski down to San Cassiano and take the gondola up and you are above Corvara at that point.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As parkski says, you get a shuttle bus/taxi from Armenterola up to Passo Falzerago, and on the way back take the horses along the flat bit (or skate), then take the drag and ski down to San Cassiano for the gondola.

I did it a few years ago with #1son, and tried to again last year - but the road was closed due to snow. Planning to try again in two weeks.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A good choice of resort, I was there 5 years ago with friends & enjoyed a good week. The road into the resort comes over the hill and zig-zags down through one of the pistes with a result of when you ski that piste you've got to take your ski's off 2 or 3 times to cross the road. I'd never experienced that before and was quite amused by it. The Sella Ronda is a hoot, quite easy ski-ing and very, very picturesque. a good day out! The night life was quiet but I found a bar that sold Hoegaarden so I was happy. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
............excited now snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy