Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid Wales \ Shropshire Hills

Poster: A snowHead
The Wrekin looked good yesterday and the hills across to Wales were white over. Any one know if there any possibilities in mid Wales or the Long Mynd ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, there surely must be - we drove around for miles yesterday looking for somewhere to ski/sledge, but didn't really find anywhere! I did a circuit from Kerry via Dolfor across the top to Knighton and back via Bishops Castle. Hugely varying amounts of snow from hardly anything at all to deep drifts on the B4355 at the top, but we never actually got out of the car Embarassed

Going out again in a while and am determined to ski today...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jonm, Good Luck. I set up an old pair of 1080's with touring bindings with some local skiing in mind but haven't found anywhere yet. . .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
david@mediacopy, jonm,
North Wales, Minera Mountain. About 3 miles off the A483. Am going back up there this afternoon for sledging, will post some photos later. Should still be good because it's been very cold overenight and the rain in Wrexham came down as sleety snow up here. Foecast is for heavy frost again tonight.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Between Glyn Ceiriog & Selatyn, Oswestry 600mm of snow yesterday http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45824&id=1033210986&l=ea2a73934a Check out these pics you can ski down the roads from here just above LL20 7BG Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dalepiperoberts, wow! Is it still like that now? Only 20 miles away... hmm... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes this wont be cleared till at least monday
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dalepiperoberts, Amazing pic's, well cool. Rain\Sleet\Snow today here in Edgmond.

skitow, Looking forward to the pics. I climb up above Llangollen in the Summer and have wondered what it would be like with some snow...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We climbed Moel Sych in the Berwyns yesterday - on skis. Cold but excellent.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59337#1417396
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
david@mediacopy, Apparently some have been skiing behind Llanarmon-Yn-Ial near Mold. I live close but as I only have a motorbike it'd be a little difficult to get myself there with the skis Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
david@mediacopy, Scarpa,
Unfortunately I did not actually get up there today but I have a few photos from yesterday.

This is the usual sledging area

http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/500/DSC_0307.JPG

This is the Minera to World End Road

http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/500/DSC_0296.JPG

This is looking out towards Llandgla Forest, where the mountain biking centre is

http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/data/500/DSC_0282.JPG
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarpa, My car's not much better but if I'm nice to the Wife I can steel the Panda complete with chains Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa, Rubbish - no sweat (I've seen Lungo do this up the mountain in summer!)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hope pic works this time
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I decided to drive and see if there was anything to be had. I ended up crossing through Much Wenlock to Church Stretton with the Idea of maybe skiing around Hope Bowdler Hill. I ended up dropping in to Stretton and heading towards Carding Mill Valley, but on a whim kept going to look at Caer Caradoc and The Lawley now across the Valley. The Lawley looked a good bet, so I picked up an OS map in town and found the path to walk up. I was in two minds whether to take the gear, but decided it was worth a punt.

There was decent coverage at the top, a bit crusty but enough for some sweet turns right down to the gate. Caer Caradoc looks a good option if the temps stay cold and if we get a bit more snow.

At the top

At the bottom

The Lawley from the A49

Caer Caradoc

Welsh Mountain dog - who seemed to like this ski business.
ski holidays
Sweet as Smile
ski holidays
easiski, Love it Laughing
snow conditions
Heading to the Church Stretton area at the weekend. Saturday looks best according to the BBC weather forecast.
snow report
Loads of snow around the old Racecourse, Oswestry and on the Horse Shoe Pass near Llangollen.
snow report
had a walk up the local hill this evening, the Wrekin. A few turns from the top to where the woods open up, above the half way house. If we get more snow this Sunday as forecast it should be pretty good.
ski holidays
dalepiperoberts wrote:
Between Glyn Ceiriog & Selatyn, Oswestry 600mm of snow yesterday http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45824&id=1033210986&l=ea2a73934a Check out these pics you can ski down the roads from here just above LL20 7BG Laughing

This is right in my door step and i know it well. I had a good session there today on the top snow kiting then i had a couple of runs of pure powder but the walk back up was a killer.
ski holidays
Back to The Lawley today. Quite a few skiers up there and nice snow. On the second run we walked across a bit further and found a steeper pitch. Sweet. Just need a friend with a snow mobile or a heli !
snow conditions
Yesterday afternoon i went back up on the hills between Selatyn and Glyn Ceiriog and i couldnt believe how much snow had fallen from the previous day. I reckon there was about 8" of fresh snow which made the snow depth easily 2-3 feet deep. I have uploaded a small video clip showing what it was like.

Video

Photos

latest report
Nicely done.

Raining with you?
snow conditions
Sadly this morning we had freezing rain with the temperature at -1c! Shocked but I'm sure on the hills which are around 400-450m in height it was falling as snow. I will go and check it out later as currently its still just 1c here in Oswestry.
ski holidays
Up on the hills now and its still looking good with some fresh snow (via SMS)
ski holidays
surfski, sweet. I might have a drive over Llangollen way on Sunday.
snow report
Just hope the rain and the wind for tomorrow doesn't melt to much away although they are saying there could be snow on high ground. Looking at the forecast for next week it may start to go colder from Wednesday onwards. Fingers crossed!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
surfski wrote:
Up on the hills now and its still looking good with some fresh snow (via SMS)

Excellent snowHead

Rough freezing level please?
snow report
2350 tonight (friday), dropping to 1150 tomorrow night and 450 on Tuesday. Climbing again there after - that's for Wrexham, the closest I could find.

http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/Wrexhammaelor/forecasts/latest
snow report
Friday 8th Jan, A evening walk up the Wrekin, the closest hill to me which tops out at about 400m. Nice turns till about 1/2 way but then too rocky.

Sat 9th Jan, I talked a few other Instructors from Telford Dry Slope into an afternoon session on The Lawley. Conditions were better than the previous weekend with more snow.

About half way along gives the steepest line. I'm guessing maybe about 40 degrees (but correct me if I'm wrong!):

Sunday 17th, Snow's mostly gone but I wanted to check out Caradoc which tops out at 450m. Excellent prospects for when it snows again. This pic looks back at The Lawley, we skied to the left (west) side.
latest report
That's so disappointing.
latest report
Snow report Wednesday January 20th. Currently the temperature is 0c and snowing very heavy around the Oswestry area. If this keeps up it will be looking good again on the hills later today into tomorrow.
snow report
surfski, Good News, let us know later how it's looking ? Unfortunately Rain here so far Sad
snow conditions
Excellent.

Looks like a small window. Snow today. Cold tonight. Rain by lunchtime tomorrow.
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
Hope pic works this time

lungo's crazy! A great guy
snow report
Still some snow cover on the Welsh hills when looking over from the Wrekin today, although it looks like it's fading away.
snow report
I hiked up Caradoc in hope rather than expectation - there was some snow cover but not enough to ski. The temps had risen a tad and the wind was evaporating the snow. Still, good exercise and the dog enjoyed it Happy
latest report
Good news the snow is back on the hills. Around Selatyn and Glyn Ceiriog there is about 2-4" of snow at a rough guess. I was out yesterday snow kiting with my skis and it was fantastic with 10-15mph with my Ozone Frenzy 10m.

I made a short video clip.

http://youtube.com/v/tZOTzpRnf5M
snow conditions
Nicely done.

How much does a rig like that cost?

How long to master it?

How heavy and packable for the descent?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy