Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria; advice required/appreciated on best resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Very interested in Bulgaria for Ski investment oppourtunities. Want a baseline to start things progressing thou. Can anyone tell me (+ justifications) what they regard as best Ski-resort/Value for money/potential in Bulgaria between Borovets/Pamporova and Bansko ? Thank you.

Rgds

Richard
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't help you with Bulgaria, but snowHead Glynis owns a hotel in Bansko and will not stint in singing Bansko's praises snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Type 23

I will indeed as Ian advised sing the praises of Bansko Very Happy as a ski resort Bansko has a brand new lift system, slopes to entertain all standards and hardly any queues ( you maybe unfortunate enough to find a small one at weekends when quite a large propeortion of SOfialites descend on Bansko for some R&R). As a town it is quite quaint, the people are very friendly, food in the many, many restaurants very good and cheap to boot. But! it will all depend what you want out of it. Are you looking to buy an apartment as many 100s of other Brits have done in the last 12 months hoping to rent it out or are you looking to buy more for personal use? Personally I think on the apartment front the whole town has gone crazy with far more apartments being built for their rentable value than people to rent them. I sincerely hope Im wrong but within the last 12 months upwards of 400 new apartments and the many new hotels, Im wondering where they will get everyone to fill them. There has been a lot of promises of guaranteed rentable income, but Im not so sure of this. In the tourist business there are no 100% guarantees.

Having said all this you are probably wondering why we are still here! The facts are that we really love the area and we are here 1st and foremost because we love the snow and the mountains. Also Im not so sure all this development will harm our business too much as its a different clientel that will book a self catering apartment holiday, as for all the new hotels! they are mostly large impersonal dormatory type boxes that offer you a ski holiday. We on the other hand are a small family hotel that offers a personal service and have time to really get to know our guests and make them feel special. One of our guests summed our place really well when he said ' Ive been skiing for the last 20 years and this is the 1st time Ive actually felt like Ive been on a holiday and also skied'.

Im not by any means saying dont buy. What I am saying is look into it very carefully first, and dont even think of buying without first coming over to view any future investments.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thank you for advice. Myself and a mate are thinking of poping over for Easter for a couple of days (cheapest way possible Blush ) Do you have any recommendations for lowest cost tickets and transfer to resort ? + what's the availabilty for accom/prices in your hotel please. Thank you.

Rgds

Rich
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy