Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cairngorm, Scotland, Has Best Christmas Season in 14 Years

Poster: A snowHead
Some good news for Scottish skiing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8435230.stm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cairngorm is for losers....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
II wrote:
cairngorm is for losers....
... so says the bloke who has an hour shorter journey for Nevis. wink I don't totally disagree with you though as I've had some great skiing there but other times I feel like I've been mugged. That's why I prefer not go to Cairngorm unless the weather and cover are perfect and it's late season so not busy either. Midweek all season is good too if I can sneak a day off work, face the longer journey and if conditions are perfect.

However the message that Cairngorm are doing well is a positive one and hope they have the initiative to pile back some of those revenues to invest in snowmaking and infrastructure. I'm sure there's lots more skier days in Scotland this holiday than for many years despite recession but I'm still surprised at how quiet Glencoe was yesterday.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CairnGorm have also pulling out all the stops to keep lifts running. Working overnight to repair the M1 and WW pomas so they could run yesterday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That article reckons they've had 8,000 snowsports customers in 4 days around Christmas, so 8000 people buying a £30 day pass, plus buying food and drink plus renting equipment and taking lessons. They must be making a lot more money per head from the skiers/boarders than from those that just go up the train for the view and a cake!

Wonder if they'll spend some more money on the wintersports infrastructure? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skir67, i wouldnt be surprised if any revenue goes towards plugging that black hole in their finances that that choo choo has made
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skola wrote:
skir67, i wouldnt be surprised if any revenue goes towards plugging that black hole in their finances that that choo choo has made

that train is utterly pointless as far as i can see..
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i think it's the difference for a lot of beginners, and why they have so many consistently.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
is it open NY day ? Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

is it open NY day ?

Yes of course it is - they wouldn't want to wee wee off there English customers would they Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

It is there to make the mountain pay through the rest of the year, taking people up the mountain before they head off for tea and scones Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Quote:

It is there to make the mountain pay through the rest of the year, taking people up the mountain before they head off for tea and scones

It works well if it is run

1) At max speed,
2) Without midstation stops.
3) As soon as it is loaded.

It would be better in the summer if they ditched the utterly stupid VMP.

It has advantages in that it can run in quite high winds. Also if there is good coverage (like at the moment) and the DLP, FRP and CarPark Tow can run, then the train is great as it has massive queues, the Carpark Tow has big queues, but they eat up most of the punters who can't use the pomas and there are virtually no queues on the DLP and FRP Very Happy .
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave Horsley, kevindonkleywood, I know that the hill walkers and mountaineers don't like the train very much as it ruins the wildness and isolation that they enjoy about the mountains. However, it doesn't seem to bother skiers very much as they depend on and are used to gondolas and ski lifts etc.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hornster,

Alternatively they don't like it cos they can't use it. I don't think the train is any worse than the chairlift that it replaced. Remember the highlands are not a wilderness they are working landscape. Attractions such as the train and the ski area are needed to provide year round jobs in the area.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The scottish ski areas between them take up much less than 1% of the square mileage of the highlands. Unfortunately the rather large green/rspb/hill walking lobby aren't interested in sharing it all with anyone else so they keep on taking potshots at the ski industry in the hope that it'll go bust and go away so they can have the lot to themselves.
ski holidays
skir67 wrote:
The scottish ski areas between them take up much less than 1% of the square mileage of the highlands. Unfortunately the rather large green/rspb/hill walking lobby aren't interested in sharing it all with anyone else so they keep on taking potshots at the ski industry in the hope that it'll go bust and go away so they can have the lot to themselves.

did i mention i hated tree huggers
ski holidays
just asked my son to guess the resort , he went pretty much through the french alps resorts , before realising its where he skis most weekends.
Cairngorms are advising drivers to use snow chains , there is over 100cm of new fresh snow already in the last week. Almost seems ironic i get on a plane tomorrow morning at six to fly to Les Houches. Looking at the forecast there will be even more for when we get back.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ibt42o4eAcQ/Sz4aglN9VuI/AAAAAAAABHs/k8o4dbxPKxY/s1600-h/IMGP0728.JPG
snow report
Quote:

skir67 wrote:

did i mention i hated tree huggers

Aye, b*stards the lot of them, bunch of luddites!
snow report
Scot_Ski,

Oh yes - someone seems to have mislaid their car - I wonder when they'll get it back Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy