Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New to this and new to skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Well, what a laugh this is! I am off on my first ski trip in January to some place in Austria (can't remember the name but me mates say there's gonna be a load of partying and birds-let's be having it!).

The lads reckon I ought to get sorted out before I go. I've got all the safety gear I need (ie, the condoms) but I was in this poncey shop the other day with me mates and the geezer wants a ton for a pair of strides. I thought he was pulling my chain but he looked serious, like Gordon Brown, know what I mean? Anyhow, you lot look like the experts so what do I need and what can I expect to get out there in Mullet world? I'm gonna pull big time with some fraulein sort.

Cheers me old muckers!

Sav.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
savaloy joy wrote:
I'm gonna pull big time with some fraulein sort.

I'm sure you will! Although they do have bigger sausages than saveloys out there so you'll have some competition.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, there speaks the voice of experience? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try this thread, its all about what you can do to kit yourself out at good value yet still maintaining some slope cred.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22621
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oi-I have the biggest savaloy, alright?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman, you can't beat a nice Austrian wurst Toofy Grin

savaloy joy, saveloy saveloy - p-lease
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cathy, I see you insist on quality and quantity!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
savaloy joy, I would advise you to get some lessons and practice in before going out.

The best place to get some practice is you local lidl. They have a great selection of Austrian lager.
I would recommend at lease a crate or 2 a week at home, supplemented with normal stella at the local.

BTW the Austrians are quite fussy about their meat.
There is an Austrian Sausage Center in camden (google it) your in kent, so might be worth doping in for a chat and some useful tips.

Hope you are not out of your depth?

Tux
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

doping in

Freudian slip? NehNeh
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I understand that saveloys were originally made from pigs brains so no further explanation is required.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I feel like im in 2000, is this retro humour or am I just getting old?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You will need the following:

hat, gloves, sunglasses, goggles, jacket, salopettes, ski socks, suncream, lip balm.........and plenty of cash.

BOOK LESSONS-essential.

If your 'mates' try and 'teach' you it could be horrendous so be warned.

If you are hungover each morning from a night of imbibing, you wont be in a state to learn-but each to their own. Just let me know If I'm near you so I can keep a wide berth.

As for the other activities you propose, I couldn't possibly advise an expert.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
savaloy joy, One useful German word is "Senf" - when you're out in Austria ask for some and you can put it on your saveloy. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

gonna pull big time with some fraulein sort.

savaloy joy, if you intend to pull, then you should learn this German phrase, ´wo ist die Puff ,bitte´´
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:
savaloy joy, One useful German word is "Senf" - when you're out in Austria ask for some and you can put it on your saveloy. Toofy Grin

Thats gotta smart Embarassed
snow conditions
fanks guys-you is all a biigie help. what are the funnee words abowt? is it jerman?
snow report
Quote:

what are the funnee words abowt?

Quite.
ski holidays
troll
snow report
astro geeza. maybe you & me meet for a chat and talk troll and the rest. i askings for help and you dissing me. do it to mt=y face wuold ya? no needs for this allbecasuse i not fancy with the words and like. i asks nice and you is rude man. say sorry and we can 4get.
latest report
What the feck is a savaloy?
ski holidays
queen bodecia, it is a smoked sausage (pork I think) with a red skin that is usually boiled (or deep fried in chip shops) and eaten with chips.
latest report
da girls r here-u like the sav?
snow conditions
I like the Sav - always good to have someone new to liven the place up a little. I ain't 100% sure that you are a Kosher Savaloy (so to speak - that might be a contradiction in terms actually), but a different approach never did this place any harm.
ski holidays
Megamum, thanks. It's a word I'd heard on telly (wasn't there an advert with someone saying "oi oi savaloy"?) but had no idea what it meant. Being vegetarian I guess it's not something I really need to know, lol!
latest report
There isn't actually any meat in a saveloy, unless 'bumhole' is a kind of meat all of a sudden.
snow report
paulio-you is nice at begginig but stress now. bad day with lady? every1 is stressout here man big argenents beween socksman and the rest. ski is fun? is all like this in the soldin? skising =srtess?
snow conditions
Yeah, I had a bad day with your mum.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
savaloy joy, I believe you may bring new meaning to the term sock puppet Smile
snow conditions
paulio, Never heard it called a day before Laughing
ski holidays
Anybody else detected a whiff of Beefy McBignob or whatever his name was? Or was that obvious from the first and there is no point in mentioning it?

snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Bish, yes and yes wink

paulio a true saveloy is made from brains, not rissole.
latest report
paulio-no need man, chill. me ma die 10 year ago so no need. u not right.
latest report
Check this out if you are interested to meet up with "virgin" skiers.

Think you may have to be more selective with the resort you are going to.
snow report
saikee, Excellent link... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
What the feck is a savaloy?

Your from up norf and you dont know what a savaloy is Laughing
Next you will be telling me you can't get chips and gravey from yer chippies Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy