Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Borovets Snow Conditions - Updated 22nd January

Poster: A snowHead

22nd January Update

Updated info HERE

----

There currently is very little snow in Borovets. The MyBorovets snow alarm certain has been quiet for a while now.

I think a photo will explain it better than I can....

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 22-01-10 11:05; edited 17 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MyBorovets, useful for people to see the true conditions - not looking too pleasant!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It sure isn't a post that'd encourage someone to book. I'm sure a regularly updated ongoing thread on Borovets would be welcomed by anyone considering going there.

Must add that I like the way the webcams show a series of shots.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Borovets is a very good budget option for people counting the pennies and has a very distinctive character. I welcome such a good source of information and think we can be a good deal gentler with MyBorovets, than we have been.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, I thought so too! Hopefully they'll be back with more updates for those heading there, looks like they could do with up to date information given the current conditions.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like it is going to get even warmer Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MyBorovets,

Welcome to snowheads. It does look pretty grim at the moment though. Hope you get some snow soon
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnboy wrote:
MyBorovets,

Welcome to snowheads. It does look pretty grim at the moment though. Hope you get some snow soon

well said
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MyBorovets wrote:
Hi guys,

There currently is very little snow in Borovets. The MyBorovets snow alarm certain has been quiet for a while now.

I think a photo will explain it better than I can....

Great snow report, dude.

Ignore the spamfreaks.

Looking forward to the next post.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Bish wrote:
Borovets is a very good budget option for people counting the pennies and has a very distinctive character. I welcome such a good source of information and think we can be a good deal gentler with MyBorovets, than we have been.

snowHead

Agreed, but if the snow was like that when I arrived I'd consider it a 100% waste of money, however cheap.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am a skiing instructor in Borovets & happen to own an information site about the resort.

My site does not contain any ads & any paid services are entirely undertaken if / when the user chooses to book via us.

In short I didn't come here to spam, increase revenue or offend anyone.

Since the snow is so bad & I have personally seen tens of conflicting weather reports & out of date webcams (cams that show last years images) I thought I'd post an honest review.

The snow is so bad that I wouldn't even consider taking people out onto the hill, that'd be irresponisble and dangerous. So no, no commercial links there either (as someone correctly said it's actually damaging but not to my PERSONAL rep, just the resort) and no-one can be blamed for the weather surely?

The post doesn't link to my site, my SIGNATURE does. If you don't want new posters to include sig links then why allow it? (I've been a forum admin on various large boards for years and I can assure you this is a possibility - try Googling REGEX).

To the rest, thank you for the warm welcome and yes I will continue to post here until (if) I am banned.

Updated Snow Conditions

Phew, now that we're finally onto the conditions ... well it's been +15 degrees at the bottom & there are only 2 drag lifts (bottom 2 in front of the Rila Hotel) open now. It's currently raining heavily as the temperature is still +6 at 22:00 ... not looking good Sad Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
uktrailmonster, I quite agree. My main point was that we are indebted to MyBorovets, for showing us the true picture. Many looking at the lower end of the market would find such quality information invaluable in making a choice of resort. This is not spam but top quality information as far as I can see. Welcome, again, and thank you.

snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MyBorovets wrote:
I am a skiing instructor in Borovets & happen to own an information site about the resort.

My site does not contain any ads & any paid services are entirely undertaken if / when the user chooses to book via us.

In short I didn't come here to spam, increase revenue or offend anyone.

Since the snow is so bad & I have personally seen tens of conflicting weather reports & out of date webcams (cams that show last years images) I thought I'd post an honest review.

The snow is so bad that I wouldn't even consider taking people out onto the hill, that'd be irresponisble and dangerous. So no, no commercial links there either (as someone correctly said it's actually damaging but not to my PERSONAL rep, just the resort) and no-one can be blamed for the weather surely?

The post doesn't link to my site, my SIGNATURE does. If you don't want new posters to include sig links then why allow it? (I've been a forum admin on various large boards for years and I can assure you this is a possibility - try Googling REGEX).

To the rest, thank you for the warm welcome and yes I will continue to post here until (if) I am banned.

Updated Snow Conditions

Phew, now that we're finally onto the conditions ... well it's been +15 degrees at the bottom & there are only 2 drag lifts (bottom 2 in front of the Rila Hotel) open now. It's currently raining heavily as the temperature is still +6 at 22:00 ... not looking good Sad Sad

sad part is if you were posting from Val d'Isere then fatidiotcontroller would be thanking you and saying you were a top notch chap. however you dare to post from (whisper it) Bulgaria..
thanks for the info and ignore the diots
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
im heading here on the 9th of january. do you guys think it will get better by then? if there is no snow would my insurance cover it? thanks guys
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
habtrix, I suggest you ask MyBorovets, . He is there, in the resort. He offers the kind of "horse's mouth" info that made snowHeads great. That is nealy 2 weeks awy. I hope things change for you.

snowHead
snow report
A lot can change in 2 days eh ? Puzzled

http://www.ifyouski.com/Resorts/View/?objectid=274004&Template=SnowRep

"Snow Overview - Bulgaria (snow news updated 24-dec-2009)

All three of our featured Bulgarian resorts are running this week. The best of the skiing is at Bansko (60/90cm) and Borovets (35/45cm) where there is the most snow. Half of the lifts are running at Bansko and a light dusting of fresh snow on Tuesday means the pistes are mostly in good condition, especially high up. It isn’t as good at Pamporovo (10/30cm) has patchy snow cover, even on the upper slopes. The temperature was around 8°C at Pamporovo on Christmas Eve during the day so the snow was very slushy and melting quite fast. Not all the lifts are running due to the thin snow cover but the ones that are open give access to a handful of pistes."
ski holidays
Chris Bish wrote:
uktrailmonster, I quite agree. My main point was that we are indebted to MyBorovets, for showing us the true picture. Many looking at the lower end of the market would find such quality information invaluable in making a choice of resort. This is not spam but top quality information as far as I can see. Welcome, again, and thank you.

snowHead

Yep, good honest snow reporting here and I don't see any spam. Especially when Borovets official website is currently reporting "excellent" conditions.
snow conditions
Well it snowed last night, but only after raining (heavily) for several hours. Consequently we've had a light dusting (5 - 10 cm at best) which is making the webcams look better but makes no real difference in practice.

Still only 2 drags & Yastrebetz Express chairlift open & people are still being bussed to Bansko.

It is a step in the right direction though as we're currently at -0.1 degrees - snow is coming (hopefully)!

habtrix wrote:
im heading here on the 9th of january. do you guys think it will get better by then? if there is no snow would my insurance cover it? thanks guys

I would love to say you'll be fine but we all thought we'd be OK with our pre-season foot of powder - then it warmed up & disappeared ... keep an eye on the webcams and this topic though & you'll have the most up-to-date (honest) info I can provide.

fatcontroller & mugen - Thank you for the hilariously pointless argument, but can we please stop & let this thread concentrate on what it's here for - snow reports in Borovets??

mugen - Thank you for your support.
fatcontroller - If you think I'm a drive-by spammer please report me to an admin (the ones who have the real power on here) & suggest I be banned ... otherwise, please let it go. I'm sure there are plenty of real spammers you can find on here.
snow conditions
MyBorovets, thanks for the honest reports, keep them coming.
snow report
MyBorovets, keep it up, although its not useful to me right now it will be to anyone considering Borovets at this moment in time.

It does look depressing though, I'm surprised people are skiing on it, looks far too sparse and slushy for me. Sad
snow conditions
Possibly the first completely honest thread started about Bulgaria by a low-post-count poster? The very opposite of Spam.
Welcome to snowHeads MyBorovets. snowHead
snow report
I can assure you I'm not mugen. Snow cannons are on full blast tonight as it really has got a lot colder. The nursery slopes will be fine tomorrow & hopefully the real stuff isn't far away!
ski holidays
Maybe MyBorovets, is working for the Andorran tourist board trying to make it's rival look shoite?
ski holidays
It does look pretty bad theres more snow in England at the moment.
I've never got why people would go to Bulgaria to be honest, not having a dig at the place but the snow is always a lot better in the alps and if you get a last minute deal its never much cheaper.
ski holidays
In my mind, a Snow Report Zone is there to give information to people which would help them to make up their minds about where and when they want to go skiing. Other parts of the forum are well suited to expressions of personal preference for one place or another, and indeed, discussion of those preferences.

In the circumstances, we have been given a very informative and accurate picture of a resort from which accurate and detailed information is hard to get. If there is any spam on this thread, then perhaps it is from people sounding off with opinions about a resort, or even a whole country in which that resort is situated. The original information that began the thread was first class. Thank you.

snowHead
snow conditions
Chris Bish wrote:
In my mind, a Snow Report Zone is there to give information to people which would help them to make up their minds about where and when they want to go skiing. Other parts of the forum are well suited to expressions of personal preference for one place or another, and indeed, discussion of those preferences.

In the circumstances, we have been given a very informative and accurate picture of a resort from which accurate and detailed information is hard to get. If there is any spam on this thread, then perhaps it is from people sounding off with opinions about a resort, or even a whole country in which that resort is situated. The original information that began the thread was first class. Thank you.

snowHead

Thank you, my thoughts were exactly that.

As an update, the gondola is still shut but they've finally given us the real reason - lack of snow - which we knew all along but they tried to fob us off with "strong winds" all week.

Yastrebetz chairlift is working with Popangelov run working (with the snow cannons on 24/7) but by mid morning it becomes sheet ice.

It's 25 lev for a day pass (but I'm sure someone would buy your at lunch time for 10 lev) and Borosport are providing a free shuttle from the Gondola to the chair & back.

So, not perfect but there is still some (limited) skiing to be had.

MyB

ps. If there's one more moan in this thread then I'll shut it & the weather will be provided directly on my site.
snow report
MyBorovets, keep posting your reports, I'm sure plenty of other snowheads inc myself appreciate your honesty and on the spot reports.
snow report
Updated: 31st December

Gale force winds, so not only is the gondola shut again, but so is the 4 man Yastrebetz chairlift, therefore the only good runs Yastrebetz 2 & 3 are closed. The entire resort is running on the two drag lifts in front of the Rila Hotel.

Webcam capture from today.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MyBorovets, it is your income at stake so I really hope that conditions improve rapidly for you.
ski holidays
That really looks grim Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
MyBorovets - cheers for the information, we're flying out on the 16th Jan so fingers crossed it starts snowing!!
latest report
MyBorovets, not good. It must improve soon, surely.
snow conditions
Updated: 2nd January

Happy New Year everyone, we wish you a happy & prosperous start to a new decade.

Well it's been snowing today but none of it has stuck around - it's still a bit too warm for the snow to lie, but hopefully tonight will bring more of the white stuff.

In short, it's looking good!
ski holidays
I hope it does snow for you, only been once - not much snow, not much fun
snow report
goin there next saturday. not lookin 2 good. please keep us updated
snow report
warrencee, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
I hope that you have a wonderful time!
latest report
Updated: 3rd January

It has been snowing since late last night. There is about 2 inches of fresh powder & it doesn't look like stopping.

Only one drag lifts open in front of the Rila. Unfortunately still no chairlifts.
snow conditions
MyBorovets, hopefully this is the beginning of a great season for you!
snow conditions
MyBorovets,

Good news, any more pics?
snow conditions
Updated: 4th January

No new snow overnight. Still cold enough to keep what fell yesterday. The snow cannons have been going all night & are still switched on. Gondola is only open for walkers but the Yastrebetz Chairlift has re-opened. Still only one drag lift on the Rila slopes open.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy