Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring Boots - Should I Buy Same Size as my Regular Alpine Boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Should I buy boots for touring the same size as my alpine boots?

I'm a UK size eight and a half and use an alpine boot size 27. I am planning to buy a pair of Black Diamond Method Alpine Touring boots. Should I buy them the same size or slightly larger for touring?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you are 8.5 buy them in 27 but why don't you try them on yourself and see what fits.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
luckydog wrote:
........I'm a UK size eight and a half and use an alpine boot size 27......

Too big? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ermm go to a bootfitter & buy the touring boots that fit best would surely be the correct way to do it?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The difference is the Methods are alpine touring, so I need the correct size for alpine with the room in the toe for touring. Just not sure whether I should go with a touring fit or alpine? Also, whether to stick with a 27 or go down a size for a more performance fit for alpine, however, would this compromise the room needed for touring as I really don't want to lose any toenails. Trying boots on in a shop is a completely different experience once on the slopes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:
luckydog wrote:
........I'm a UK size eight and a half and use an alpine boot size 27......

Too big? ;-)

Indubitably.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
luckydog wrote:
Trying boots on in a shop is a completely different experience once on the slopes.

You probably need to see a boot fitter who has

a) some experience of skiing
b) a reasonable amount of alpine touring experience
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm a UK 10 and use a size 27.5 in both touring and Alpine. 27 sounds big for a UK 8.5. Haven't tried the method but did try the Factor. It was pretty stiff with a tight fitting heel. If the Method is similar then I doubt it is more voluminous than an Alpine boot but you really need to check this with a bootfitter who knows Black Diamond. Good luck.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seriously? 8.5UK? Not sure what that is but I'm a 42 / 43 and wear a 25.5 or 26 mondo depending on brand...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
luckydog, are you in Atomic boots?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor, exactly. I'm a UK 8.5/continetal 43 & wear a 26 alpine boot (Atomic).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon wrote:
parlor, exactly. I'm a UK 8.5/continetal 43 & wear a 26 alpine boot (Atomic).

They sound a bit big, I'm a UK 9 -9.5 and wear a 26.0 alpine boot (Atomic) Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman, but you're rock 'ard & we're gay boys. But I have just fitted zippies Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Go to http://www.backcountryuk.com/ David there will spend a good few hours getting you sorted. If your mainly touring you need a bigger size to stop you bashing your toe skinning. Why have you set you're heart on that boot?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Buy the ones that fit rather than owrrying about size numbers.
ski holidays
weeSKI wrote:
Go to http://www.backcountryuk.com/ David there will spend a good few hours getting you sorted. If your mainly touring you need a bigger size to stop you bashing your toe skinning. Why have you set you're heart on that boot?

But if you buy them too big and they are too loose your foot will slide forward and bash your big toe.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy