Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello Im a single 54 yr young female, looking for skiing buddies, is there anyone out there? Oh and

Poster: A snowHead
Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi and welcome SNowheads!

I am out here, but I am not called 'Oh and' Madeye-Smiley

Check out the snow events section for bashes - loads of crasy people from the internet meet up to throw themselves down mountains (or refrigerators). Go on, you know you want to!

Happy yulemasstime
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lampbus, Confused

I reckon I'm as 'crassy' as they come wink

jojosnow, welcome to slushnuts and see snow event, lots of people to slide with and get drunk with and eat with and sing karaoke with and bs with . . . we're not a bad bunch of misfits.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jojosnow, welcome to snowHead 's
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jojosnow, Welcome to the gang. Plenty of sHs trips coming up... just take your pick.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jojosnow, If you are up to or better than our standard you would be very welcome to join us. Have a look at our group in this section, “Deep and Steepish” Freeriding with Mountain Guide – Andermatt w/c 6 Feb. (http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57410). The last couple of years we've had a 30/40ish (years, that is) girl join us - not yet sure if she's joining us again this year. Jehu or I can give more details of the trip/costs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm a relatively new snowhead too - looking for 40/50 somethings to ski with. I'm female and a stong skier. I'd love to join or form a group to ski with regularly, as most of my friends who ski, aren't as passionate about it as I am - in fact most of them think I'm mad! Toni
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jojosnow wrote:
Smile

hi snowHead is organising a trip to V Thorens....u can try it there..can meet lots of nice people
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cipria wrote:
in fact most of them think I'm mad! Toni

You should fit in here very nicely. Madeye-Smiley Welcome to Snowheads, have a look at the Bashes in the snowEvents section. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the warm welcome! I thought I'd go to the Snowcentre on 9th, perhaps meet up with other Snowheads...... trying to juggle going skiing versus kids at school etc... My aim this year is to get to grips with off piste again - I had a set back last year with bad accident (skiing of course) so find my confidence gets shaky when off piste.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi I'm nearly 50.female and husband hates skiing.I live in scotland but would love someone to ski with. Managed to get away with family this year so am really planning for future.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
funmum, welcome to snowheads. snowHead There are some excellent ski courses available. When I did one (at about your age, i.e. a while ago wink ) several of the participants were travelling alone. Inspired to Ski (http://www.inspiredtoski.com/) is one such organisations, but there are a number of others.

And there's no need to wait till next year to do one.... wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
funmum, welcome! I'm a similar age - still a bit of a novice on skies but working on it. I've got two trips this year - one to Alpe d'Huez (I'm off tomorrow -yay!!) and the one referred to in my sig line below in March (that could suit you as there is something for all levels?). I am also trying to persuade my husband he should try skiing. So far I've failed, BUT we are thinking of a late June/early July driving trip to the alps, staying a week in Les Deux Alpes where there's good glacier skiing - I will ski and he (hopefully) will have a taster lesson while there - he has sort of agreed!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome funmum. But what of jojosnow? Posted 11.30 on Christmas day, and nothing since.
I hope she (he? Toofy Grin ) is ok.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the welcome.I think I'll be more confident going it alone now. It seems reasonably acceptable and not too sad
A course sounds a good plan. I'll check out the web.Thanks Very Happy
snow report
funmum, it's not remotely sad. What IS sad is that people whose partners don't share their particular interests feel they have to forgo them - there's no need to be joined at the hip.
snow report
Reading all the recent posts about older skiers wanting to ski together,there must be a way to meet up.Maybe at Hemel or MK for example.I am new to this so maybe this has been proposed before,but there does appear to be a lot of solo,older skiers who would benefit from a group with the same interests and type of hols? Cool
ski holidays
Well that does seem to be one of the things that the Ski club of GB do.... I have a friend, of a certain age (like me) who has been on quite a few of their trips. Strong skier.
snow report
SCGB ghettoizes its geriatrics.
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/skifreshtracks/zoneholidays.aspx/over-50s-ski-holidays
Horrible idea, IMV.
latest report
Hurtle, yes, but given
Quote:

recent posts about older skiers wanting to ski together

there appears to be a market. Me, I don't care what age/gender my fellow-skiers are. They range from 6 to 70.
ski holidays
Hurtle,

love this bit

'Members aged over 62 years will be required to join trips in this category'

whether you want to or not?

rolling eyes Madeye-Smiley
snow report
pam w,
Quote:

there appears to be a market

Apparently. That's why I said it was my view. The age range you describe is just the ticket, AFAIAC. Toofy Grin

Actually, 'wanting' to ski to together is one thing. Having to do so, as per SCGB, is arguably a step too far.
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, oops. Exactly!!!
snow conditions
Well, if a group of 'older skiers' does get together, count me in!!!!!! Very Happy
snow report
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Hurtle,

love this bit

'Members aged over 62 years will be required to join trips in this category'

whether you want to or not?

rolling eyes Madeye-Smiley

Yes. It's why I left the club.
snow report
I would think a category of 'older 'skiers would approximately be those from 50 upwards....?
Count me in if a group starts to form.
ski holidays
The group I ski with range in age from 39 to 54. No kids, but occasional evidence of childish behaviour. Laughing
latest report
Hi I've been telling my daughter(15) to be careful on the internet for ages but am finding it quite hard to meet like minded souls.(Or any kind really)
I would appreciate some basic contact before signing up to a trip.I live in Scotland so would find it hard to come to the UK events,It would be great to have contact with a few individuals around the same age.Definately do not want labelled as old though Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
funmum, it would probably be as economical for you to go to the Alps for a week - why not have a look at the website at http://www.inspiredtoski.com/
When I did one of their courses I'd say at least 50% of the participants were on their own. You would then be absolutely certain of finding "like minded" souls as they'd all be there to improve their skiing. wink
snow report
immer schuss wrote:
I would think a category of 'older 'skiers would approximately be those from 50 upwards....?
Count me in if a group starts to form.

Don't SAGA do skiing trips?

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
If you like a skiing holiday with no alcohol and prayer meetings every evening then this lot will be right up your street. rolling eyes

http://www.oakhall.co.uk/pages/winter10.asp

If, like me, you prefer your apre ski a little more on the Devil side then it aint going to suit you at all.

Skullie Madeye-Smiley Skullie

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 10-02-10 8:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
cc_7up,
Ray Zorro famed moderator on this website has been involved with Oak Hall holidays. I'm sure he would give you more information on Oak Halls ski trips if you need it. A quick search shows that a number of snowHeads have been on Oak Hall holidays and reccomend them.
snow report
I am happy to know that they enjoyed their holidays.

Good for them.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy