Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjusting bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
Forgive me if this is a daft question I'm new to skiing and have no idea about how critical it is to set up skis right .
Walking past a charity shop today I spotted a pair of skis in the window at a price that means if they are useless it doesn't really matter so I bought them. They are Atomic Betacarvs with device 310 bindings, obviously used but look in better nick than the hire skis I'm used to. 160cm which is the size of the X wings the chap behind the counter at the snowdome gives me.
I'd already picked up some boots in another charity shop a couple of weeks ago (yes I know I should have gone and got fitted and sorted properly but for a tenner I figured these noticeably used Nordica F8 shells with look like new Nordica liners can't be any worse than the noticeably very very used shells and very used liners I borrow from the snowdome whenever I go!)
As far as I've managed to work out I can move the back part of the bindings backwards to accommodate my boots but the toe is fixed. My boots are 325mm the bindings were set about an inch too short when I bought them. Is moving my centre of gravity back half an inch or so from where the last owners was going to cause to me any problems with my beginner snowploughing down the Snowdome?
Thanks
David
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should be able to move the toe of device bindings, they should have a large screw in the centre between heel and toe units

I would suggest a visit to the ski shop?? at the snowdome, as they will not have to redrill, just move them, and set forward pressure and din to your weight, boot sole and ability. Ask for a costing first. Usual cost for redrill is £25, but as prob no redrill, should be less.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davkt, your bindings need to be checked against the recall list.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks,
I assume the big screw is the one holding down the clear plastic plate? Didn't touch that in case everything flew apart if I undid it as it looked rather heavy duty! Recall list if its this one http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09077.html the device 310 isn't on the list and looking on Atomic's web site I can only find mention of the device 311 and 412 being recalled.
Cheers
David
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davkt, Yes that is the one, but it is very important that you get them checked by a ski tech and din, forward pressure etc set correctly, you only get one pair of knees (as i found out today!) and the setting up of this binding is easy for them as no drilling etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, will ask them in E B next time I'm at the Snowdome
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh and is it worth sticking some of those custom foodbeds into the boots? At the moment they have underside of foot shaped (and look like new like the rest of the liners) Nordica footbeds in there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy