Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Temporary tows / dry slopes with snow on?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs NBT fancies grabbing a few turns locally - she recalls that some years ago an enterprising farmer in the peak district would set up a rope tow in his field. Does anyone know of such a thing this year? I recall a discussion on here back in about 2004 where a portable ski tow was being sold on Ebay, Ise was convinced it was the one Mrs NBT refers to

Failing that, does anyone know if the slope @ rossendale has snow on it? Again, I've heard that some dry slopes actually close when they've got snow on as the surface becomes too fast, don't really want to turn up if it's closed!

As a last resort, there's always the old standby of slogging uphill on foot...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nothing better then slogging up a hill in the peaks, the snow may not be as good as the alps but you gotta love a good sweat followed by a good ski followed by a good beer! Twisted Evil
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kendal's shut. Pity, I skied there with snow on and the matting held it nicely.

Welwyn Garden city shut when there was snow. Sad

Phone Rossendale and find out ?

There's that mountain boarding place in Yorkshire. http://www.mountainboarding.co.uk/
Open for skiing it says.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wow thirty06, this place looks amazing. ive never heard of it before, may have to take a trip up there soon!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt,
I actually have in my posession a Briton portable ski tow. In fact this was the original reason I joined snowheads last year, hoping to make contact with someone who had access to a suitable snow covered sloping field. The loop of rope is 200m long ie it gives you a 100m pull and I have all the other pulley wheels etc as well as a safety cut out thing if someone decides to try and feed themselve through the winch. Unfortunately I am not back in the UK until New Years Eve but if there is snow still around then I would love to hear from anybody within a sensible distance of Wrexham, North Wales who has a suitable site that we could try this out on. No responsibility for any unfortunate outcomes though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, your wife could be thinking of the Elton Ski club, between Bakewell and Matlock, not sure if it is still going but plenty of snow for them to be out playing if it is!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt You're within reasonable striking distance of the North Pennines Ski Massif - namely Weardale and Yad Moss.

Had 3 days at the two places since Sunday - conditions are pretty decent at the moment and they had more snow last night. Yad Moss has far easier access - chains or 4x4 are usually neeeded for the last 2 miles to the Weardale area.

See here:

http://www.yadmoss.co.uk/

http://www.skiweardale.com/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our plastic slope (dendix and snowflex) was really good with good snow cover over the weekend, however last night on mainly solid ice, in the freezing rain it was not quite as pleasant Skullie It was really fast though Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thirty06 wrote:
There's that mountain boarding place in Yorkshire. http://www.mountainboarding.co.uk/
Open for skiing it says.

nbt that's up the road from me, but I've never been.

I doubt its too steep or long, but if you fancy a dabble I'd nip up there with you.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mosha Marc, we did a ride from Ogden reservoir recently, I quite fancy it now as it's not too far. Not going to get there before Monday though as I'm working today and we're out visiting for the next 3 days. Plus, it's raining here today so the snow may all be gone by then Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nbt, I'm sat at work watching the snow falling gently as we spe.... type.

Not much more forcasted after today, but it's meant to stay cold and dry. Give me a shout when you're free and we can check conditions. If it's all gone we could get in that five years overdue ride! Cool wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, good plan. Will do!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi

Does anyone know if the Elton rope tow has worked this year ?

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy