Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skii Instructorship courses in England?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was lucky enough to be born in Germany and was skiing by my first birthday and I would consider it my strongest ability. Now 18 I'm looking for a career path to follow. My intrests revolve around photography and still skiing. I've found my self always turning back to skiing as my one true pasion in life.

Myself and a friend have both decieded to take up a instructorship course in skiing, but won't be able to afford to quite go to the length of staying up the Alpes for a long period of time... Can anybody recommend something closer to home? I've done and am still doing my own research, but somebody elses experiences should always be considered!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Start here:

http://www.basi.org.uk/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah man, I looked there but it all seemed to be on the slopes! I'm looking for something behind a desk or in a snow dome... There page says they do courses in in England but all there pages seem to go in circles and I find my self reading the same info over and over again. I'm probobly being an idiot, aha.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How about 18-22 January 2010 at Cairngorm:

http://www.basi.org.uk/module_info.aspx?mid=139

Look later in the year and they will probably have courses at the Chill Factore etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick Murray wrote:
........and was skiing by my first birthday .......

Boll*cks rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick Murray, obvious thing to do would be a BASI Level 1 in a snowdome, then try to get a job in one and take advantage of instructor training and free practise. When you feel ready then go away for a 2 week Level 2. After passing this try to scrape a living teaching in Switzerland, Austria, Italy (Interski) and work towards ISIA (Level 3) and ISTD (Level 4). It's a well-trodden path - depending on where you are starting from and if you have funds, count on all this taking very roughly 5 years.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick Murray, it is very hard to get to the level at which you can have a proper career (ISTD) unless you have another source of good income, or kind parents who are willing to let you live with them for free during the summers. If you have the latter you can use the summers to temp and save money to subsidise your winter seasons, and pay for your instructor courses.

As slikedges, said the first step is to do the BASI L1 at an indoor slope next summer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the advice and tips. I wouldn't want to make a fortune out of it, I would probobly have a second job if I was lucky enough to get a job as an instructor. I'm only looking to be able to survive in a sence, I just want to make enough money to get by but personally I'd find being able to skii everyday worth it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nick Murray, I think those are most people's reasons fr doing it! If you're going to do it long term you really will want to get to ISTD level, however unless you have free accommodation in the summer or a highly paid second job it will take a while to get there. I know guys who after 5 or 6 years of seasons are still working towards ISIA, as they have to support themselves on what they earn so can't afford to do more than a course or two per year.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy