Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CrystalSki "First-time Boarder" Package

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've got a new boarder coming with us this year. By the time we go he'll have done his apprenticeship at Tamworth, but has been looking a this as a better value option for kit and lessons.

Anyone got any experience of this, in particular WRT how instructor groups are determined? Is he likely to end up stuck with people who've never stood on a board before, or could he be put in a group more appropriate to whatever level he's at on the day?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well it is intended for absolute beginners, so he will certainly be put in such a class initially.

But every ski school I have known will move people around between groups as soon as it becomes obvious they are in the wrong one.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hyweljenkins, I did it in Andorra when i'd been boarding for 2 weeks already, made a great saving and they work out groups based on ability etc and move about as required.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My wife and i done one of these in Allmau Austria. You had to be absolute beginer so i feel sure if they see he's done it before he may find himself having to pay to join a higher level group. We went with Crystal and it was a very good insight to snowboarding.
The first few lessons are going to cover intro to board and bindings and then the falling leaf whitch he would of allready done, so will be boaring. You could allways tell a little white lie and tell your rep he's not well and staying in bed, then go out riding with you, then join the lessons when they will be more addvanced.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I purchased the first time ski package from direct ski last year and it was a mistake. The lift pass that is covered is not a full lift pass. I had to get it upgraded. The beginner packages from direct ski anyways were aimed at people who have never skiied before and who would not be using lifts on the first day. This may be different for crystal though so maybe there is a way to check. I had done 4 dry slope lessons and instead of going into pure beginner I did a classification test and got into a level above complete beginner. I was taken up onto the main mountain on the first day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It depends on the resort you're travelling to. In most cases however, the Learn to Ski/Snowboard Pack will include a ski pass which would restrict you to the beginner area for the 1st couple of days. This is a special package put together in resort and then offered onto the tour operators as a reduced rate (rather than booking the components separately). I think Andorra is the exception to the rule where the full ski area ski pass is included in the Beginner pack. If in doubt, check with your operator.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hyweljenkins, as Nade says. What usually happens on the first day is that all the beginners get together then they will split the beginner group into four or five smaller groups.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We didnt have the option to move to a higher group. There was 2 instructors, both teaching complete beginers, one in the morning, one in the afternoon. As allready said, it proberbly depends on what resort you go to and what school is being used.
I would just give Crystal a ring.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is what it says on the tin. They will waste the 1st day at least. WHY Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would go straight for intermediate. After spending all that time, money and effort at Tamworth to get a good head start why would he want to go backwards!!
If you all have experience it would be better for your first timer as they will improve a lot quicker and will be riding with you and yer mates on the mountain.
Only move forwards in the name of progression.
I have done the same at Hemel so I can progress my new found skill on the big expensive mountain
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy