Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello from a newb- ski lesson advice sort.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello. I'm Les and ski like a brick.

I'm staying in Saint Gervais this Xmas, but I think I may have made my first mistake.

I booked some ski lessons online with ESF St Gervais. Throughout the booking process there was no mention of posting "tickets" out. Yet lo and behold, the invoice includes the words "You will receive your tickets by postal mail" towards the end of the email. At this point in time, last post has been and gone by some time...

Never having booked online with the ESF, is it a good idea to pop into the office first thing or just meet at the meeting point with my email invoice?

I'm kind of dreading the inevitable franglais phonecall to the ESF tomorrow to explain the situation.

These are the bunglings of a novice. All comment welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not much experience of ESF, but I do recall that my wife was given a ticket to present to the instructor. The phone call seems to be a good idea. Going to the office first thing or even on arrival if that's the evening before would also be a good idea.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
meta5, Welcome to Snowheads

1) Don't worry about it - these sort of things happen all the time and ESF are very adapt (generally) at changes/issues.

2) Don't bother phoning but when you get to resort pop into the office - and even in a smaller resort like St. Gervais you should be able to make do with comedy franglais and explain the issues. Usually you get some kind of voucher to give to the instructor - I think he/she then uses them to claim his payment for the week but I could be wrong..

Enjoy the lessons and the trip.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've booked various lessons in various places over the years, often had some kind of bit of paper, and never yet had to present it to anyone.

But yes, pop into the office - it will all be OK

And welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers people Very Happy

I'll pop in and try explain the situation.

This is assuming the weather allows to set foot in France, of course.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
One think to do if you dont speak the lingo is to have bit of text translated (eg google translate) that says.

I'm sorry I dont speak french, but I'd like to try if you have time. I have a booking etc.

That way if you get stuck you can just slip them the letter.

Cheers
Bob
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
meta5, I found that the ESF (only one experience and that was pretty damn fine) always had plenty of people who spoke English.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy