Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SALOMON SCREAM 10 PILOT SKIS 180 - any use?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On ebay - Any good for a 10 day a year on-piste cruiser lowish intermediate level ? Just cant face paying the rental charges again

All opinions welcome...

ta
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've just read this on TGR today so, while not the same ski, I thought it would be worth reposting (may be worth adding that back in 04 I was quite pleased with some Salomon Scream Extra Hots, so what do I know):

"Salomon AK Rocket @ 194:

[Reposted from the stone age on powmag]

This ski says “SCREAM” in huge black letters on the topsheet, and that’s what you will be doing when you try to go, stop, or turn this pair of abominations. The AK Rocket suffers from the worst case of tail hang I have ever encountered -- I felt like someone was standing on the tails of my skis every time I tried to change direction.

Salomon has somehow managed to create a ski that has both no damping and no rebound. It chatters and skids on ice, it gets knocked around in crud and slop, and only its monstrous length keeps it sort of stable at speed – but you can’t turn it. About all you can do is carve huge GS arcs in soft snow, which you can also do in street shoes on a $25 yard-sale water ski.

Plus it’s the exact color and texture of a turd that has been polished and crammed into fishnet pantyhose. "
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Plus it’s the exact color and texture of a turd that has been polished and crammed into fishnet pantyhose. "

Laughing

Some people might find that quite appealing.

Maybe there's a handy review site on the interweb that summarises all the pro's and cons of all the skis ever made so I can save myself asking the daft questions.

Perhaps it will include alternate uses for out of date ski technology which a few short years ago were seen as the dog's b*****ks and are now landfill?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kewhoward

If you're around 80kg upwards and like to carve on piste then these are fine. If you're lighter than that and don't go very fast then I'd probably go down to the 170. I had a similar ski when I first started and the binding is quite heavy, they chattered at pace and the waist is too skinny for offpiste. The other thing you've got to consider is that these may be a bit lifeless now - it's an old ski and if they've been bashed a bit then they could be quite soft.

Cheers

BB
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks bucking bronco, I am nearer 90kg! Chatterring is OK so long as stable? (OH chatters and is unstable)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pilots! way modern, I'm still using the old Series 10 model.

They turn pretty easy, jut roll them over. Get them properly edged and they cut well on hard pack. The longish turn radius is back in fashion.

I do think I was a bit arrogant getting the 180s and might have been better off on 170s, I'm 180cm and 73 kg, so maybe these are right for you.

Anyway, if they're cheap, how bad can they be ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy