Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late deals for January

Poster: A snowHead
Post any last minute deals you find here, for the benefit of fellow snowHeads! snowHead

After you've booked one for yourself, of course! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WB 09 Jan... Half Board... €250pp... My place...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, good deal, but I was hoping for flight/transfer/accommodation/food for less than that, a distressed sale from a Tour Op who's making his profit from advance sales of the peak weeks and can afford to sell at cost/at a loss just to fill seats.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
10th January - Catered chalet - Val d'Isere - £618 for two including flights and transfers - en suite facilities but in the eaves with no window. Chalet Sophie - Ski Total. I didn't like the idea of not being able to see the view, so paid more, but still only half brochure price.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blimey, that's good value! I'm paying about £800 each in Val (30th jan)- and that's with a big discount cos there's 6 of us
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowtrex have got a load of massive reductions on New Year week (most self-catering, inclusive of lift pass).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jehu, thanks for the heads up, bagged the last room at one of their chalets on 10th Jan in Zermatt for £335pp, I've always wanted to go there, just need to sort out a second mortgage for the lift pass! Toofy Grin

There are more half-price deals available with Ski Total.......just watch out for the dreaded supplements! wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any more deals includingtaking children? Found ski total but they are not keen on children! I understand this but sadly can't avoid my own!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3rd - 10th Jan, MERIBEL, Fully-catered luxury chalet, £330 per person. Awesome group awesome chalet!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
saraabifran

Have a look here:

http://www.espritski.com/Specials.aspx
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Four star Hotel in Galtur with Crystal booked this week - £450 each including ski carriage -also includes afternoon tea-flights from Manchester. Local ski area of Galtur but also easy access to Ischgl. Did some research on trip adviser and Hotel gets rave reviews. We saved £180 each on the brochure price. Deal was booked on line. Very happy - roll on the 9th of January Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Right then... stooopid pimping time... I appear to have a completely blank week from 9th - 16th Jan... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
So... snowHead 's... hows about €249 fully catered.... €180 BnB.... will chuck in some loving care too...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax, where is your place? I have a mate who will be interested in an Amade catered chalet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WB 9 Jan (9th to 16th) - Accomodation only - €420 (apartment for 4) - Alpendorf, Ski Amade

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 31-12-09 22:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
10th Jan - £750 all in inc lift pass, flights, private transfers and Chalet board for a week in St Anton in a lush Super Travel Chalet. Booked last August though Very Happy
ski holidays
im on the hunt myself for wb 9th jan

got flights booked so might wait until 7th to book accom wherever the snow is best

just hope that a resort has good snow and a good deal for me snowHead
ski holidays
Week in Soldeu for £304-£310, it's 1km from piste but regular buses: http://www.igluski.com/soldeu-el-tarter/euro-ski-hotel_p15232?holidayid=21991465&Oid=50556631 includes flight, accomodation, transfers and half board. A friend has stayed at the hotel and seemed to think it was perfectly good.

Ski in/out in Austria, Half Board hotel http://www.igluski.com/niederau-oberau/hotel-harfenwirt_p2112?holidayid=23733751 £315 inc flight, transfers, accomodation half board.

Or 50m from the slopes in La Plagne at £399 Catered Chalet http://www.igluski.com/la-plagne-1800/chalet-bartavelle_p15182?holidayid=22410782

If you ring them up, you'll probably get another 5% and maybe more off these prices as well.
snow report
Thomas Cook had one in the window this week flying from Man to La Plagne £144 sc
ski holidays
bar shaker,
Smack-bang in the middle - in Radstadt... 20 min from most of the areas around the whole of Ski Amade
ski holidays
ITV's teletext service has some incredible deals at the moment for January. And in some snow sure resorts. It does take some phoning around, but well worth the effort from past experience. One of the best was £349 3* CC, F & T in Tignes.
latest report
Smokin Joe wrote:
Thomas Cook had one in the window this week flying from Man to La Plagne £144 sc

Based on 8 sharing or seomthing, I bet. it'll work out at about £420 when you actually price it for a couple....
snow conditions
Monium wrote:

Ski in/out in Austria, Half Board hotel http://www.igluski.com/niederau-oberau/hotel-harfenwirt_p2112?holidayid=23733751 £315 inc flight, transfers, accomodation half board.

Ski in - ish (you finish about 50m from the hotel). Ski out - no, you walk about 50m to the gondola which is at the bottom of the ski area. Ski out to me means you put your skis on before reaching any lift, and pretty well straight out of the door of the accommodation.

Still looks a good deal, although Neiderau is small in ski area, it is very friendly, and it amazed me just how many of the people going there returned frequently.
snow report
WB 9 Jan (9th to 16th) - Accomodation only - €395 (apartment for 4) - My place in Alpendorf, Ski Amade

Based on 4 sharing the apartment, thats just €99 each (or equivalent to 14€ per person per night). Very Happy
snow report
Chasseur wrote:
ITV's teletext service has some incredible deals at the moment for January. And in some snow sure resorts. It does take some phoning around, but well worth the effort from past experience. One of the best was £349 3* CC, F & T in Tignes.

If you see a named accommodation deal on Teletext, Iglu or any other consolidator agency, a good tip is to google the accommodation name to see which Tour Op it's from, you might well be able to book it cheaper with them direct, either online or by phone, that was the case with the Ski Total deal I booked, I saw it in lots of places at a higher price!
snow report
Monium wrote:
Week in Soldeu for £304-£310, it's 1km from piste but regular buses: http://www.igluski.com/soldeu-el-tarter/euro-ski-hotel_p15232?holidayid=21991465&Oid=50556631 includes flight, accomodation, transfers and half board. A friend has stayed at the hotel and seemed to think it was perfectly good.

Or 50m from the slopes in La Plagne at £399 Catered Chalet http://www.igluski.com/la-plagne-1800/chalet-bartavelle_p15182?holidayid=22410782

If you ring them up, you'll probably get another 5% and maybe more off these prices as well.

Sadly the deals aren't as cheap as previous years, the Soldeu and Niederau packages should be under £200, and La Plagne £250 tops. I guess it's the well-publicised slashing of capacity as well as the weak pound.

Unless the TOs are playing a game of chicken and holding out til the very last minute to drop prices. wink
latest report
luigi wrote:

Sadly the deals aren't as cheap as previous years, the Soldeu and Niederau packages should be under £200, and La Plagne £250 tops. I guess it's the well-publicised slashing of capacity as well as the weak pound.

Agreed. And prices aren't even that much lower now than they were when I booked towards the end of November (for 9th Jan, solo traveller).

Unless I wanted to stay in St Wolfgang or Seefeld, the only deal I can find with Crystal cheaper than the one I got is to the Hotel Austria in Neiderau - £330. Everything else is well over £400.

Seefeld might be OK if I got the "Happy Ski Card" and had some way of getting to the other resorts on it, but St Wolfgang isn't really a ski resort at all - I have no idea why all the TOs seem to include it.
snow report
Quote:

Unless I wanted to stay in St Wolfgang

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!
snow report
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Quote:

Unless I wanted to stay in St Wolfgang

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Agreed - 35-45 minute bus ride to all of 12km of runs. Shocked

Or 90 minutes to Dachstein West with a fair bit more. I am surprised there is ANYWHERE in the Austrian mountains which is 90 minutes away from the nearest decent skiing. Why on earth is it listed in ski brochures? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any dates in January €100/person/week in self cartering apartment. Accomodation available for 2 - 10 people.

Can also offer some reductions on lift passes.

Loads & loads of great skiiing available in SNOW SURE TIGNES.

Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Free lift passes at our place for the few remaining places in January!
snow conditions
stewart woodward, stevomcd, you are bad men, I am holding out strongly but those are both pretty good offers
ski holidays
If its blatant pimping time then. January offers at Le Morzenettaz look like this.
Single/twin room B&B 3rd to 8th Jan. 20 euro's per person per night.
Self catered appt for 6 10th to 16th. £500.
Self catered appt for 6 24th to 31st £650
B&B Monday 11th to Friday 15th 25 euro's per person per night. Up to 12 in 5 rooms
B&B Sat 23rd to Thurs 28th 25 euro's per person per night Up to 7 in 3 rooms

Pm me if interested
ski holidays
Quote:

stewart woodward, stevomcd, you are bad men, I am holding out strongly but those are both pretty good offers

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on Blush
snow report
nendez switzerland with inghams £160 for the week sc inc flights
ski holidays
I am booked for w/c 9th Jan in a luxury catered chalet near Meribel got a double room to myself for £350 and they have some rooms left. Booked my own flight and transfer - they are picking me up from Meribel.Hot tub etc at the chalet , minibus service, on free bus route, ski in (not out and snow permitting) . Not super cheap but pretty good with the service on offer etc.

Would be lovely if you want to join me and have some ski company - sorry gents, ladies or mixed groups only as my husband can only take so much !!!

Drop me an email if interested and i 'll let you know the details. jennycook163@hotmail.com
ski holidays
stevomcd, myself and others have pimped a few deals recently on snowHead but having spoken to a few operators i am not sure just how many last minute deals will be available Puzzled

Mark Warner, Ski Olympic and other operators in Tignes tell me that they are nearly full for January. We are expecting lots of Russians next week with their favourite hotels fully booked. Ski school forward bookings are pretty good too.

The forward bookings show peak times,Half term and Easter, slightly down but cheaper periods, January and April/May slightly up.

Perhaps Tignes bookings are up due to the poor start to the season in lower resorts Puzzled
ski holidays
stewart woodward, I looked at Mark Warner this week for 9th January. There was no availability on the Birmingham flight for ski carriage! A ski holiday where I can't take skis is not really on rolling eyes .
snow report
maggi, I looked at rocket ski earlier this week and was tempted by january deals under £300 in Risoul and montgenevre. Cam back the next day to find all manchester flights had gone!
latest report
Check out www.ifyouski.com and www.igluski.com , there are sub-£300 packages out there for Jan.

Ignore the Bulgaria deals at least until snow improves.

Google the hotel/chalet to find the tour op, it may well be cheaper to book direct, there may be fees and supplements to be added.

Don't be swayed by snowHeads who say the only deals out there are the not particularly impressive discounts offered by other snowHeads Toofy Grin

You're looking for a large operator who can offer places last minute at half-price or less just to fill the last few seats at cost price, of course it does depend on there being spare capacity which seems to down this year, hence the lack of sub-£200 deals.

Usually the best deals appear once everyone is back to work after New Year, ie. this coming week, so keep your eyes peeled!
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:

Mark Warner, Ski Olympic and other operators in Tignes tell me that they are nearly full for January. We are expecting lots of Russians next week with their favourite hotels fully booked.

It's the nearly full Tour Ops that may end up discounting the last few seats just to fill them to help cover costs.

The Russian bookings won't affect British Tour Op capacity which will be contracted before the start of the season, particularly the catered Chalets/ Club Hotels.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy