Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dublin Mountain snow - dump report

Poster: A snowHead
Friday's photo, not much, but good to see

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 31-12-09 18:17; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool Cool Cool Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
about the same here out in clare - still not quite out the binders on the board yet....... yet!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Ross, Looking out the office window at a slightly white 3 Rock now. Making me smile, sadly it made the dendex very sticky yesterday Puzzled Puzzled So I skied on the Grass Laughing

Peter 8th January there is a freestlye night starting in the club if you are intrested.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fattes13, thanks for the info, yea, should be there on that Friday. Can you ski on the grass, do you not come to an abrupt halt when you go on edge?

here's a photo from boards.ie of the Sally Gap on Friday

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hiked along the Spink ridge in Glendalough Sunday

A dusting of snow there, similar to 2nd pic above. Air temp -3, v strong winds made it feel v cold. Quiet dangerous underfoot on the wooden sleepers, due to compacted snow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the real snow is coming, it's been raining for 24 hrs in Dublin now, see Wicklow pics at link below
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782672

anyone interested in building a kicker in the coming days let me know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from a cycle up the Dublin mountains, all the rain yesterday at sea level has deliver a serious amount of snow up higher, got to about 300m and then the road disappears into the snow, a real surprise as from my house in Rathfarnham it only looks like a sprinkling. I reckon there is 60cm at about 400m. Check these photos out!

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Get the skis out !
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783756
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I love this photo from that set, is this Dublin or BC, couldn't tell the difference!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 1-01-10 21:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Managed to get up the mountain with skis today, even snow in the city now, the buses aren't running!

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cool.

There has been snow in my garden since 19th December. Longest I have ever seen.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Ross, Bye the crowds I am guessing that is Kilakee car park or somwhere quite close to it! Was skiing out in front of the house last night for the new year great aul craic and am teachin in the club tomorrow in the snow

Will get me warmed up as I am heading fof for a week teaching on the snow tomorrow afternoon Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What is the road like, between Kilmacanogue and GlendaLough, poss to drive up ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fattes13, ye I think thats what it's called, surprising that the road was clear the whole way, well done South County Dublin CC! Enjoy skiing with lifts, although looks like Dublin has more snow than alot of the Austria for one.

kendub, no idea? but let us know if you find out. What would Glendalough skiing possibilities be?

johnboy, it's some cold spell alright, glad my heating works.
ski holidays
Went for a short drive up Dub mountains, roads basically clear but wet (occasional slush at shady areas) , temps +2-3 c

Drove 2 miles up from EnisKerry, Johnie Foxes direction
snow report
Was at the foot of Lughnaquilla this afternoon, roads just about passable with fresh snow falling, no skiing for me today Sad
snow conditions
Climbed most of Camaderry (deep snow made it v slow going)

Road to Glendalough 95% clear

Wicklow Way closed, although we saw drivers driving it easily

Snow 1m in drifts, average 1foot - 2foot
snow report
Found incredible powder today the snow is so deep and dry at the moment. I'm thinking of hiking lugnaquilla next weekend, pity I have to work this week Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Friends of mine went snowboarding on Galtee Mor on the 2nd Jan, said it was brilliant
snow report
Rebelski, sounds cool

Some photos from yesterday's adventure, Stocking Lane above Rathfarnham, Dublin about 350-400m above the sea.

earned turns

the hill

about 60cm and still not at the bottom

first tracks!

city lights

late quit
snow conditions
Off hiking tomorrow if anyone fancies coming up Lug.
snow report
I have to work tomorrow, but would do a hike at the weekend, are you bringing your skis? Are you accessing from the East or West? , bring back photos if you can!
latest report
Why of course i'm bringing my skis. Unfortunately my touring skis are in a friends in the UK. So will be hiking with my alpine skis. Will probably head to fentons in the glen of imaal & head up from there. Planning on trying to hit the nth Prison.
snow report
frank4short, How long do you think it will take to summit with ski gear and deep snow? If you plan another hike this weekend I'd be up for it. snowHead
snow conditions
Was hiking Comaderry today and Sun, v alpine

Access road to Glendalough fine, desending at 16:30 a little icy
Walking on roads, near hotel v slippy

Comaderry, 2 foot deep on avg, 3-4 foot in drifts, v difficult going

Spink boardwalk compacted snow on sleepers, no real prob

Comaderry large rocks hidden under snow, not suitable for skiing if you value you skis/ankles !

have photos not sure how to attach
[/list]
ski holidays
Was hiking Comaderry today and Sun, v alpine

Access road to Glendalough fine, desending at 16:30 a little icy
Walking on roads, near hotel v slippy

Comaderry, 2 foot deep on avg, 3-4 foot in drifts, v difficult going

Spink boardwalk compacted snow on sleepers, no real prob

Comaderry large rocks hidden under snow, not suitable for skiing if you value you skis/ankles !

have photos not sure how to attach
ski holidays
kendub, to put photos up you can upload to the snow media zone and link to them or right click on the uploaded photo, go to properties and then copy the url displayed into your message, with the tags [img]url[/img]

here's a nice photo, Mount Leinster (Co Carlow approx 800m) on Sunday

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You skied off that Peter?

It looks fantastic.
snow report
Peter Ross, Lovely photos, looking very good. Very Happy Surely you're not skiing on MisDemeanors though??
latest report
easiski, No, they are Volkl Karma, more East coast snow today, Dublin in chaos on the roads but maybe another 10 to 15cm fresh in the mountains
photo of today's snow in Co Carlow just West of the Wicklow mtns

Mike Pow, haven't skied that yet, but hope to get out to where this photo was taken this weekend

snow report
Is that Loch Tay? Looks awesome
latest report
Fantastic stuff. Is there any snow on the mountains around the Dingle Peninsula?
ski holidays
element, yes Lough Tay

Ernst Goldsmith here's some Kerry pics from http://forum.climbing.ie/index.php?topic=2777.30

think that's Corran Tuathail - Ireland's highest mountain, Dingle Pennisula in the distance with loads of snow up higher (can't get image to display here!)
http://forum.climbing.ie/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2777.0;attach=455;image

Kerry skiers ahoy!
http://forum.climbing.ie/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2777.0;attach=461;image
ski holidays
That looks great Peter
ski holidays
Not skiing unfortunately, hiking

Pics :
http://picasaweb.google.com/decksappeal/WicklowComaderrySpink5thJan10?feat=directlink

Anyone know of any Wicklow webcams
ski holidays
Yes

http://www.annamoe.net/

It's on the east side of the mountains, 185m up and 12km from the coast, decent snowfall there at the moment.

Some more fantastic photos from that location here (estimate 30cm on the ground)
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63851885#post63851885

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 7-01-10 16:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
kendub, where's Comaderry?

nice looking piste, espscially on a low vis day!
snow report
My spelling of it may be wrong, but if you are in Glendalough and climb the spink walk, the one with sleepers it straight accross from you.

To get to it, walk the miners path, climb uphill, go past the wooden bridge, say 300m, and then it would be over your rh shoulder

The "piste" is lowish down in Glendalough, so wouldnt take long to get there from the car park. Its called the blue walk, I'd say skis might sink in it, not much of a gradient. Snowboard might work
snow report
kendub, Is that not the trail up to the spink?

Oh & by the way it's camaderry not comaderry.

I was one of the climbers on Brandon last week, well actually if truth be told i'd broken my hand & the climbers were all my mates. Had it not been for the hand thing i'd have brought my skis, gutted i didn't now. Got the all clear on a second x-ray yesterday though so the weekend's going to be spent skiing & ice climbing in wicklow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy